+ Reply to Thread

Thread: American Water Heater.. Obsolete, not parts available!

Post Likes

American Water Heater.. Obsolete, not parts available!

Have a 10 year old two pipe direct power vented water heater, Mod PDVG62-50T-62NV. Was going to do a scheduled 5 year maintenance on this guy. Knew I needed a new flue baffle based on the view from burner end. Also wanted to buy a spare pressure switch for "just in case" on a 10 yer old unit.

Imagine my surprise when the folks at what is now AO Smith (bought out American) told me all that was available to buy was the ANODE rod!https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/images/smilies/gah.gif

I am feeling orphaned at the moment and these guys are NOT cheap to replace..

SO; my question to y'all is if you have or know of a source for obsolete, NOS parts? Baffle is 100036292, pressure switch is 100077916

Thanks!!
    “A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Post Likes
    No help on the parts....but I say replace it with a Navien...they have been rock solid for several years now..

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in