+ Reply to Thread

Thread: business insurance

Post Likes

business insurance

First post. I live in Mi and would like to start my HVAC business on a small scale. To start it will be just me running service calls. Can anyone tell me of a Insurance company that is able to insure my business at a reasonable rate? Thank you

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    When I got my business insurance I talked to a friend in the industry and ended up getting the best deal through his insurance agent. I don't know how it can be but it sure seems like two different agents can get you two different prices from the same insurance company.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Only way you're gonna find out is call around and get quotes.

4. Likes R600a, STEVEusaPA liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I looked into some insurance this past weekend. I was able to get 3 or 4 quotes in 15 minutes online. I think all of the major companies go through the same vendor because all of the quotes were almost exactly the same.

Post Likes
    I'm using Liberty mutual. I have extremely good credit so I get a $1 million dollar policy for $500 a year

7. Likes perrymi liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    I'm using Liberty mutual. I have extremely good credit so I get a $1 million dollar policy for $500 a year
    1million Commercial liability for $500 is really really cheap or the AC business. Sure that's not an umbrella policy on personal liability

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy1949 View Post
    1million Commercial liability for $500 is really really cheap or the AC business. Sure that's not an umbrella policy on personal liability
    It's also really low coverage.
    My agent didn't even give me a price on $1 million she just automatically gave me 2 million. I don't know what I pay though I already paid that for the year and I can't remember what it was.
    Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Something sound off here - bedda check with da agent!

11. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Had a really bad experience with Liberty Mutual. Had my first serious claim and they spent two years figuring out how to get out of it. If they will take you Travelers is the best.

Post Likes
    I am in Michigan, currently have two million through a local insurance agent through Travelers. I pay about $150 / Month if I recall. I started three years ago with Hiscox (Online) and paid about $700/years for 300k which is probably way too little. I'd recommend nothing less than 1m.

My auto insurance is crazy though, $650/Month two commercial vehicles.

Post Likes
    One thing to be careful with is what happens if you hire subs with whatever insurance you get.
    I' switched from Liberty Mutual to Builders Mutual for a cheaper premium.
    I get an extra bill every year now after I've paid my premium if I used any subs, even if they have their own insurance.
    The two bills end up being about the same that I paid before but I don't fell like changing insurance companies again.
    So depending on the company, the premium that they quote you may not be what you end up paying for insurance.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.
    When you appreciate what you have, you have a lot more.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in