Thread: Goodman Model #CPLU36-18 3 Ton Condenser Questions

Post Likes

Goodman Model #CPLU36-18 3 Ton Condenser Questions

Is the Goodman Model # CPLU36-18 designed for R-22 or R-410A Refrigerant.

Apparently this unit has been sitting in a garage for approximately 8 years.

Can I hook up the high voltage to it and "Bump" the magnetic contactor for a quick moment to see if the compressor will come on?

It is matched to a Goodman Model # ARUF042-00A-1 Multi-position Electric Furnace with a Goodman Model # HKR-15CA 15 KW Auxiliary Electric Strip Heater.

Thank You So Very Much In Advance For Your Response!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RSWAFFER View Post
    Is the Goodman Model # CPLU36-18 designed for R-22 or R-410A Refrigerant.

Apparently this unit has been sitting in a garage for approximately 8 years.

Can I hook up the high voltage to it and "Bump" the magnetic contactor for a quick moment to see if the compressor will come on?

It is matched to a Goodman Model # ARUF042-00A-1 Multi-position Electric Furnace with a Goodman Model # HKR-15CA 15 KW Auxiliary Electric Strip Heater.

Thank You So Very Much In Advance For Your Response!
    There is no Goodman CPLU series that I am aware of. I think this is a CPLJ36-1B.

This is a R-22 unit with a Copeland ZR32K3-PFV-230 compressor.

Yes, it was matched to the ARFU042**** Air-handler.

As far a “bumping” the contactor goes….. I think that ohming out the windings of the compressor, would tell you just as much about the compressors ability to start as would a momentary jolt of electricity.

I do have some info on this unit if you want it. Just send me an email (address is in my profile), and I will get it off to you.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    What does the condenser nameplate list?

Post Likes
    The condenser nameplate does not list the refrigerant type.
    It typically does,

Post Likes
    Thank You rundawg for the information.

Post Likes
    ARUF is not a electric furnace per se it’s a Air Handler with a optional heater kit installed. Electric furnace does not have a built in A/C coil, somewhat similar to a modular blower….at least that’s my thinking.

May want to ohm out the outdoor motor also ( checking to ground also ) while your ohming out compressor ( checking to ground also ) and giving it a good free spin on that thing.

Post Likes
    Saw a janitrol air handler a while back that sat in a house since the late 80s brand spanking new. Got hooked up to a Goodman condenser.

Historic home.. hard to sell… got sold a few times but nobody ever got around to putting that air handler in.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Harry/Meghan 2024