+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fried chicken places...

Post Likes

fried chicken places...

Came across this pristine unit the other day. Found the cover for the compressor terminals on the roof about 10ft away also a couple empty mo99 bottles near by. Classic situation, customer originally called asking for a "tune up" then when I arrived told me it had been down since last summer.

Name:  IMG_20210420_150321193.jpg
Views: 1584
Size:  1.94 MBName:  IMG_20210420_150352477_HDR.jpg
Views: 1688
Size:  2.16 MBName:  IMG_20210420_150403867_HDR.jpg
Views: 1691
Size:  2.03 MBName:  IMG_20210420_150701458_HDR.jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  1.90 MBName:  IMG_20210420_145713777.jpg
Views: 1559
Size:  1.96 MB

2. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    That is almost as bad as fried chicken tastes.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

4. Likes BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    That thing’s been ridden hard and put away wet.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

6. Likes BALloyd, kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    This reminds me of the KFC in my town lol. Every time I go to the drive thru, and this for 5 years now that I've noticed and it's never changed, the outdoor unit for a walk in cooler has a door off of it, exposing a frosted over suction line and drier, and I always smile when I see it because it's always like that

Post Likes
    What a mess. I'd be putting something in writing to make it clear what a mess it is. Probably spend just a bit of time, not more than an hour, then send them a proposal that they could either accept or reject.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    ya situations like this i usually try to make a manager if not the owner come on the roof so i can give them the run down otherwise i feel like they never get it and assume your just gonna magically make it all better in a couple hours. in this case I took a standing pressure reading and bumped the compressor just see to if it was worth redeeming.

Post Likes
    Looks like a carrier product. Just a guess. I think I worked on that unit just a few weeks ago. Looks like it’s had about one of everything at some point. Lol yup run and quote. Or quote and then run. Places like that kill me because they have all winter to do something because they never need any heat. They wait until it gets 95° with an 89% humidity and then call And want it fixed right now.

11. Likes R600a, ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTech2010 View Post
    Places like that kill me because they have all winter to do something because they never need any heat. They wait until it gets 95° with an 89% humidity and then call And want it fixed right now.
    yeah but the advantage to this is .... they will say FIX IT no matter the price

10 million ? No problem , can I make payments ? its hot in here !

13. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    During this summer, I have had a few customers want to replace grounded compressors on 20 plus yrs old RTU. I just tell them don't even bother. Get a new system. I then never hear back from them again loll.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in