Page 148 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4898138141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155158 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3622

Thread: To vax or no to vax?

  1. #2941
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    6,346
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I know you think you have a valid argument here, but it's really not, as you would know had you correctly assessed my comments. You seem to have difficulty with taking 'yes' for an answer.
    You have a problem saying yes. Don't throw your faults onto me.

  2. #2942
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    31,795
    Post Likes
    Had no idea I was quite rare. Had two of four pulled a couple of years ago due to an abscess or something under one of them, and I'm in my sixties. They had to pull the 'opposing' one because they it would become a Grand Eruption with nothing to work against. Think that's the term they used.


    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Yeah right. Not everything is clear cut. If he doesn't trust his dentist he should go to a new one. I'm no dentist but are they all emerged? Are they aligned? Does he have room in his mouth? Do they impact his care of the rest of his teeth? What if they get infected and it spreads and the dentist advised to keep them?

    I believe to even have all four is quite rare.


    I wonder if he has ever recommended a repair that wasn't done and it worked for x amount of time.

    Ancient Mutation Explains Missing Wisdom Teeth

    https://www.livescience.com/27529-mi...dom-teeth.html
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  3. #2943
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    6,346
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Had no idea I was quite rare. Had two of four pulled a couple of years ago due to an abscess or something under one of them, and I'm in my sixties. They had to pull the 'opposing' one because they it would become a Grand Eruption with nothing to work against. Think that's the term they used.
    Yeah I looked that up and what I was thinking about was people that have more than 4. There is a special term for them which I forget. Super something they are called I believe. Most should have them pulled to avoid problems later is what I have always heard. Like in your case, although you had them for quite awhile it seems.

  4. #2944
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    4,262
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Had no idea I was quite rare. Had two of four pulled a couple of years ago due to an abscess or something under one of them, and I'm in my sixties. They had to pull the 'opposing' one because they it would become a Grand Eruption with nothing to work against. Think that's the term they used.
    What do you think about this one?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

  5. Likes 2sac, Unlimited1 liked this post.
  6. #2945
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    13,149
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Oh so it's your first time for some of these things? That wasn't done for the other times when you lived through a pandemic when app 650,000 people died in your nation? Oh it's the first time for that too. I wonder if that has anything to do with that? Do you think it might?
    Okay. Right so the sky is falling. Freedom is now meaningless.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #2946
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    6,346
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    What do you think about this one?
    Hasn't Bbeerme been trying to find out where you live? Or has that been established? I thought this might be a clue but I don't think this is NY actually. Oh well

  8. #2947
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    9,999
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Good post, Gary. Where my doubts occur is the fact that deaths with Covid were counted as Covid deaths, regardless of if symptoms were present (we know that for those who contract Covid but experience minor or no symptoms cannot die of Covid). Why would they count all deaths who tested positive as Covid? It seems to be an attempt to elevate the count, for whatever reason.
    That's a good point & that's why I think the total death count of all causes is a better gauge to get a ballpark number.
    The cause of death can be questioned but it's tough to question the fact that someone died & that's the statistic that stands out to me.
    The difference in the amount of deaths of all causes between 2020 & 2019 is probably the best indicator that Covid caused a lot of deaths.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  9. #2948
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    4,262
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Hasn't Bbeerme been trying to find out where you live? Or has that been established? I thought this might be a clue but I don't think this is NY actually. Oh well
    Your right, crap, the cat is out the bag, time to relocate
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

  10. Likes pageyjim liked this post.
  11. #2949
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Garner NC
    Posts
    4,550
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Had no idea I was quite rare. Had two of four pulled a couple of years ago due to an abscess or something under one of them, and I'm in my sixties. They had to pull the 'opposing' one because they it would become a Grand Eruption with nothing to work against. Think that's the term they used.
    I had the same as well but in my late 40s, I had intermittent sinus infections for 3 years despite going to 8 different ENTs.I got tired of no answers and always taking antibiotics for it….I found an online article about it and it said to go get a dental X-ray.:..that revealed the problem…..the tiny molar could not drop so it was actually in my sinus cavity causing the problem…the dentist got grossed out because as soon as it was removed my sinus drained….

    No more problems since then….and afterwards I researched it as molar problems only then did more sinus answers appear…
    I did have the other 3 removed but 1 at a time every 3 months…I like to chew my food and not drink it through a straw…

    And that’s why they like to remove the molars/wisdom teeth early on to avoid mouth crowding …other cases show it causes snoring/sleep apnea…

    I tell my story to everyone when I hear they have a sinus infection…I know it helped out 5 others and they never knew it (impacted molar) would cause it either..

  12. #2950
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    30,918
    Post Likes
    Those who are mandating are those who prevent me from flying to Europe whenever I want to. Those who would restrict me, by virtue of my unvaccinated status, from any other of the activities to which I have become accustomed.

    This does not impact me directly but those insisting that an employment is contingent on being vaccinated.

    Such things are defacto mandates.

    It is akin to: I don't have to admit I am a witch - I can simply submit to being held under water to see if I will float.

    PHM
    --------


    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    It isn't arbitrary. I asked you before who is mandating that you get vaccinated? And the "medical science business" isn't mandating anything.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of Thinking

  13. Likes heatingman, Unlimited1 liked this post.
  14. #2951
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,634
    Post Likes
    According to Dr. Sam Rivera, who serves as senior director of animal health at Zoo Atlanta, the gorillas most likely contracted the virus from a vaccinated worker. The staffer was asymptomatic, but upon testing, it was revealed she was positive for the virus. Rivera said the worker took appropriate precautions in working with the gorillas by wearing a mask, a face shield, and gloves, but the measures failed to work.

    In total, the zoo owns 20 gorillas which are divided into four different troops. At least one member from each of the four troops has exhibited symptoms of the virus.

    In order to combat the outbreak, Zoo Atlanta is taking a number of medical precautions with its apes. For one, gorillas at risk of serious complications are being treated with monoclonal antibodies. The zoo has plans to vaccinate all gorillas with the Zoetis vaccine, which was developed for veterinary use. The vaccine was used on the gorillas, orangutans, and bonobos at the San Diego Zoo earlier this year. Zoo Atlanta has already vaccinated its Sumerian tigers, African lions, a Clouded leopard, and both Bornean and Sumatran orangutans.

    Among the gorilla population that has been infected is 60-year-old Ozzie, the oldest male gorilla in captivity. Rivera explained Ozzie is exhibiting mild symptoms, but noted, “we don’t feel that we’re out of the woods yet. We’re taking it on a day-by-day basis.”

    “The teams are very closely monitoring the affected gorillas and are hopeful they will make a complete recovery,” Dr. Rivera explained in a statement released by the zoo. “They are receiving the best possible care, and we are prepared to provide additional supportive care should it become necessary.”

  15. Likes valdelocc liked this post.
  16. #2952
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    6,346
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Those who are mandating are those who prevent me from flying to Europe whenever I want to. Those who would restrict me, by virtue of my unvaccinated status, from any other of the activities to which I have become accustomed.

    This does not impact me directly but those insisting that an employment is contingent on being vaccinated.

    Such things are defacto mandates.

    It is akin to: I don't have to admit I am a witch - I can simply submit to being held under water to see if I will float.

    PHM
    --------
    As heatingman says, it is a choice. You choose not to be vaccinated.

    You sound like a victim phm, I am sorry.

    It is actually a testing mandate.

    Last I checked a couple days ago you can actually fly to Europe if you wanted to if you got a test, so stop whining. You may be restricted on what you can do and where you can go but that is on the European nations.

    Before you continue to complain about things that do and do not even effect you and who is reaponsible for them you should get your facts straight.

  17. #2953
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    9,999
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Those who are mandating are those who prevent me from flying to Europe whenever I want to. Those who would restrict me, by virtue of my unvaccinated status, from any other of the activities to which I have become accustomed.

    This does not impact me directly but those insisting that an employment is contingent on being vaccinated.

    Such things are defacto mandates.

    It is akin to: I don't have to admit I am a witch - I can simply submit to being held under water to see if I will float.

    PHM
    --------
    Those who are mandating automobile insurance in my state are preventing me from driving unless I not only decide to get insurance but have the money to buy it also.
    At least if you decide to get vaccinated so you can fly to Europe when you want to, you don't have to worry about coming up with the money to get vaccinated also.
    This is the way a free society works. Laws & rules are made for the betterment or protection of society as a whole & not just to appease individual desires.

    Getting the vaccine does not stop you from getting Covid but according to the data, it does lessen your chances of getting & spreading it.
    I've heard some numbers that it lessens your chances from around two to four times which may not be drastic but it is still an improvement.
    So it's only logical that where vaccines are required, that it makes things a little safer for everyone.
    Now I would agree with you if vaccines were truly forced where we either went to jail or were held down & given the shot if we refused, but that just ain't happening.
    If I even thought there was a possibility of that happening, I would be outspoken against it being a violation of our freedom.
    I just don't see anything like that & all I see is an inconvenience for those who choose not to get vaccinated along with the danger they pose to our country.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  18. #2954
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    4,262
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by fliks View Post
    According to Dr. Sam Rivera, who serves as senior director of animal health at Zoo Atlanta, the gorillas most likely contracted the virus from a vaccinated worker. The staffer was asymptomatic, but upon testing, it was revealed she was positive for the virus. Rivera said the worker took appropriate precautions in working with the gorillas by wearing a mask, a face shield, and gloves, but the measures failed to work.

    In total, the zoo owns 20 gorillas which are divided into four different troops. At least one member from each of the four troops has exhibited symptoms of the virus.

    In order to combat the outbreak, Zoo Atlanta is taking a number of medical precautions with its apes. For one, gorillas at risk of serious complications are being treated with monoclonal antibodies. The zoo has plans to vaccinate all gorillas with the Zoetis vaccine, which was developed for veterinary use. The vaccine was used on the gorillas, orangutans, and bonobos at the San Diego Zoo earlier this year. Zoo Atlanta has already vaccinated its Sumerian tigers, African lions, a Clouded leopard, and both Bornean and Sumatran orangutans.

    Among the gorilla population that has been infected is 60-year-old Ozzie, the oldest male gorilla in captivity. Rivera explained Ozzie is exhibiting mild symptoms, but noted, “we don’t feel that we’re out of the woods yet. We’re taking it on a day-by-day basis.”

    “The teams are very closely monitoring the affected gorillas and are hopeful they will make a complete recovery,” Dr. Rivera explained in a statement released by the zoo. “They are receiving the best possible care, and we are prepared to provide additional supportive care should it become necessary.”
    Interesting! this event adds a degree of confirmation to things we suspected for a long time but our government has ignored.
    1- there is a effective treatment for covid (this would void vax emergency use authorization)
    2-mask are totally ineffective, even your holiness Fauci has admitted to it.
    3-vaccinated people are the ones spreading the virus
    4- they are now saying animals cant pass the virus to humans which contradicts the official rhetoric about the virus origins.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

  19. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
  20. #2955
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    14,180
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fliks View Post
    According to Dr. Sam Rivera, who serves as senior director of animal health at Zoo Atlanta, the gorillas most likely contracted the virus from a vaccinated worker. The staffer was asymptomatic, but upon testing, it was revealed she was positive for the virus. Rivera said the worker took appropriate precautions in working with the gorillas by wearing a mask, a face shield, and gloves, but the measures failed to work.

    In total, the zoo owns 20 gorillas which are divided into four different troops. At least one member from each of the four troops has exhibited symptoms of the virus.

    In order to combat the outbreak, Zoo Atlanta is taking a number of medical precautions with its apes. For one, gorillas at risk of serious complications are being treated with monoclonal antibodies. The zoo has plans to vaccinate all gorillas with the Zoetis vaccine, which was developed for veterinary use. The vaccine was used on the gorillas, orangutans, and bonobos at the San Diego Zoo earlier this year. Zoo Atlanta has already vaccinated its Sumerian tigers, African lions, a Clouded leopard, and both Bornean and Sumatran orangutans.

    Among the gorilla population that has been infected is 60-year-old Ozzie, the oldest male gorilla in captivity. Rivera explained Ozzie is exhibiting mild symptoms, but noted, “we don’t feel that we’re out of the woods yet. We’re taking it on a day-by-day basis.”

    “The teams are very closely monitoring the affected gorillas and are hopeful they will make a complete recovery,” Dr. Rivera explained in a statement released by the zoo. “They are receiving the best possible care, and we are prepared to provide additional supportive care should it become necessary.”
    Do the gorillas have to wear masks?
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

  21. #2956
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    9,999
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Do the gorillas have to wear masks?
    Only if they can't show proof that they've been fully vaccinated.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  22. Likes 2sac liked this post.
  23. #2957
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    4,262
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Do the gorillas have to wear masks?
    Only when they rob a bank!
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

  24. Likes 2sac liked this post.
  25. #2958
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    6,346
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Interesting! this event adds a degree of confirmation to things we suspected for a long time but our government has ignored.
    1- there is a effective treatment for covid (this would void vax emergency use authorization)
    2-mask are totally ineffective, even your holiness Fauci has admitted to it.
    3-vaccinated people are the ones spreading the virus
    4- they are now saying animals cant pass the virus to humans which contradicts the official rhetoric about the virus origins.
    Now for something completely different, the truth.

    Monoclonal antibodies are about 70% effective and must be given at a certain time to be even that effective. Because there is a somewhat effective treatment that doesn't mean that a vaccine isn't necessary. Most people by a very wide margin are eligible for an approved vaccine and the eua isn't necessary for most. Many more people would die using your "logic."

    Masks are not totally ineffective and Dr Fauci did not say that.

    Vaccinated people can spread the virus but being vaccinated helps to slow the spread plus lessens the effects if one does come down with it.

    Who is saying that animals "cant pass the virus to humans"?

  26. #2959
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    15,037
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    That could be an issue if we're just talking about a couple of elderly facilities in NY but the numbers I'm talking about is throughout the whole country.
    Also there has been no argument from either side that the elderly are the most vulnerable to Covid so they still should be a good percentage of the deaths.
    The only logical conclusion is either the vaccine works or that the unvaccinated are not getting the same hospital care as the vaccinated.
    Even that wouldn't account for the excess of hospitalizations of the unvaccinated compared to the vaccinated.
    Any way you slice it, the data still shows the vaccines are working. Now they could just wear off in time & in that case we have another problem to deal with.
    I sure hope we don't need booster shots
    This happened in more than just a couple facilities in NY. As I recall it went on in numerous states including Florida and California to name a few, which have large elderly populations. I don't remember how many or which states it was but it seemed like there were a bunch and it was wide spread enough to skew the initial numbers.

  27. Likes pageyjim liked this post.
  28. #2960
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    6,346
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    This happened in more than just a couple facilities in NY. As I recall it went on in numerous states including Florida and California to name a few, which have large elderly populations. I don't remember how many or which states it was but it seemed like there were a bunch and it was wide spread enough to skew the initial numbers.

    If you are trying to say that the number of Covid19 deaths were inflated because of this, your logic would be backwards. Cuomo tried to hide the number of covid deaths not inflate them in nursing homes. Again the data points to an accurate count or a likely under count of Covid19 deaths.

Page 148 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4898138141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155158 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •