+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 head fujitsu mini split only cooling in fan auto mode.

Post Likes

Confused 2 head fujitsu mini split only cooling in fan auto mode.

I installed a fujitsu mini split back in February, and the homeowner called me back today and said his heads are not cooling his house, heat mode worked fine all winter, when i showed up, i checked for leaks, kinks, voltage, drains, remotes were both set to cooling, etc. All was good, no error codes. Lineset is well below max charge length. When i put fan mode to auto, both heads work great, as soon as i put it on manual high fan mode they dont blow cool. My delta T was very good on auto mode and it cooled nicely, pressures all looked normal. Before i call tech support tomorrow, i wanted to see if anybody has any ideas of what could be my issue? A sensor? EEV? Or what?

Post Likes
    Is the compressor running when you put fan to high?

Post Likes
    Yes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethd19 View Post
    I installed a fujitsu mini split back in February, and the homeowner called me back today and said his heads are not cooling his house, heat mode worked fine all winter, when i showed up, i checked for leaks, kinks, voltage, drains, remotes were both set to cooling, etc. All was good, no error codes. Lineset is well below max charge length. When i put fan mode to auto, both heads work great, as soon as i put it on manual high fan mode they dont blow cool. My delta T was very good on auto mode and it cooled nicely, pressures all looked normal. Before i call tech support tomorrow, i wanted to see if anybody has any ideas of what could be my issue? A sensor? EEV? Or what?
    Why did you leak check?
    How do you tell if its over or under charged?
    What a "Normal Pressure on Fujitsu?

5. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I thought it may be low on refrigerant, 125psi give or take is normal. No leaks.

Post Likes
    I sprayed bubbles on all flare joints to be safe

Post Likes
    I thought it may be low on refrigerant, 125psi give or take is normal. No leaks.
    The only way to know if the charge is correct is to Pull it and weigh it!

9. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I know that, charge is good. I just wanted to cover my bases and check for leaks. It cools great ONLY in auto

Post Likes
    Im almost positive it is a sensor of some type, thermistor or something, i just wanted to see if you guys had any ideas, ill have to get on the horn with tech support and run some diagnostics.

Post Likes
    Get the model and Serial #'s and call tech support!

13. Likes R600a liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    If you need the tech support number I have it. I tried to send it to you in a PM but it looks like you are not receiving PM's. If you need it just send me an email and I'll send it to you.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    I appreciate you guys, im a relatively new hvac tech going on 2 1/2 years, learning in the field. Seems like everyday there is something new to learn

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I appreciate you guys, im a relatively new hvac tech going on 2 1/2 years, learning in the field. Seems like everyday there is something new to learn
    Hang around and get pro membership. It just gets better.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Are you getting any flashing lights on the indoor unit?
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

18. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    No flashing lights, or error codes, its got me stumped

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    The only way to know if the charge is correct is to Pull it and weigh it!
    Well yes and no....

Fujitsu tech support will know what pressure should be based on model/serial, zone sizes, and outdoor temp, clean condenser. Dip switches should allow the system to run in max speed. Tech support should be able to confirm if charge is good. (At least Mitsubishi can do this)

Is that critical charge confirmation? no. But it'll be pretty close.

Post Likes
    Stick around and apply for pro membership. Tons of information to learn in the pro forum that you cant see right now and we are limited to what we can post in open forum....

22. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I would think it would be all of the above, but keep asking just to be on the safe side.

Post Likes
    Check and be sure the zones are wired properly. Its pretty easy to have the zoned crossed and not know it heating. Bleed through refrigerant in heating will cause all zones to have heat in them so figuring if a zone is not working is harder to tell. However in cooling mode refrigerant only goes the zone that is calling. SO one zone will be getting cold while the zone that is calling will have no refrigerant going to it.

Post Likes
    Yes
    Outstanding, now we are observing the details.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in