+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tac Inet seven vavs set point reads -100 on whole floor

Post Likes

Tac Inet seven vavs set point reads -100 on whole floor

I have a building with Inet 7 that has an mci board on each floor with two vav networks on them. One floor started to open and close all the Mr vav ax for some reason and the only thing I can find is the set point goes from the master 72 to -100. Does anyone what would cause this? I check for errors and comms seem fine.

Post Likes
    It's been a few years but if I recall correctly, the ASC's use a scale of 100 to -100 for max cooling to max heating.

If you're what you're seeing is the not the heating load going to -100 then I'm not exactly sure of what's going on.

Can you post a screen shot of the controller summary or the graphic that has the values you're referring to?

If you don't mind sharing, where are you located?

Ken

Post Likes
    Thanks for the reply Ken. I am in Anne Arundel County MD, see screen shots as requested. I had to use multiple sources as it happening quick and hard to catch. Basically the base set point would change to -100 close all dampers on the floor and bring on fan then change back to normal reading set point and go to normal operation.

Name:  IMG_0001_2nd_10A.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  7.64 MBName:  IMG_0002_2nd_10B.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  7.28 MB
    Name:  IMG_0003_2nd_10B.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  6.99 MBName:  IMG_0004_4th_19B.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  7.12 MB

Post Likes
    Wow, that's unique.

Do you have any values with a "Y" under the OLD column?

Are theer any Calcs associated with those values that are going wonky?

I'm not at home so I can't get the TCons in front of me to remind me what all the points are, at the moment. I'll see what I can come up with in a few hours.

Ken

Post Likes
    I'll have to check for that when I get back there on Tuesday. I though maybe it is a SPL command thing but that seemed to be ok.
    Thanks for the help when you can, I greatly appreciate it!

Mike

Post Likes
    Mike,

My email is in my profile. I have a .zip file full of Inet TCons too large to email out but can provide a link from my drive account.

Send me an email and I'll send you the link to download all the the INet info you probably ever wanted, and more.

Ken

Post Likes
    Did you get an opportunity to investigate the issue(s)?

Any updates for the world?

Ken

Post Likes
    So the -100 values are for the istat base set point and when it read -100 it was the inherent mode of heating locked out by SPL point in each vav controller. The problem came from a faulty outside air sensor passed from another controller intermittently being read. I also found a JACE that had conflicting points/logic that compounded the problem and lastly a communication problem on one of the floors that had several shorts.
    Thanks Ken for the help!
    Mike

Post Likes
    Wow!

You found a bunch of stuff going on.

Glad I could help.

Ken

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in