+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pcg points

Post Likes

Pcg points

I have a site were someone installed a couple pcgs and it's on an N2 bus and there is a gas detection system on bacnet. when the system is not detecting gas they have it linked to the supply fan command on priority 4 to false and it shows its off but its still running when I hook up to the controller I can see its still calling. I tryed to link to the shutdown point to see if it would stop the unit from running but no matter what I do it still runs. Also I'm not sure how that would work because if this heating only MAU needs to heat but the gas detection isn't calling wouldn't this just keep it off. The old UNT controllers are programed the same way in the jace and are off like they should be.

Post Likes
    PCG's are different than UNT's, depends how it was programmed.

If they selected Smoke Control Support in the Q&A it will put a force priority of 2. The point you need to toggle is EMERGENCY-MODE. It is an enum point which will do Normal (1) & Shutdown (5). The input will also do Purge, Pressurize & Depressurize if needed.

If they used the Unit Enable in the Q&A, it should shut it down but it only goes to the State Selection and does not put a priority force on the output.

They could of programmed the logic by scratch, then you have to manually connect the force level to what you want and release it to 16 when not needed.

If you uploaded the *.caf, email it to me and I will take a look for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    Just sent it to your email if you have time much appreciated!

Post Likes
    Perhaps the controller is not the issue but the wiring between is? If you tell something to stop and it wont... then maybe it is in hand.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    There is smoke control logic, but it tied to LT-A (Low Temperature Alarm). Not sure why, the smoke logic does not put and priority forces on the outputs.

There are no priority forces setup for RF-C or SF-C in the logic. SDWN-C (N2 = BD:197 / True = Shutdown) is the BV input to toggle the unit to shutdown, it is working in simulation but is just acts like a unit enable/disable. If someone puts a force "On" with level 15 or lower on the output from the Jace it will still be commanded on overriding the logic.

If I read your OP correctly, if there is gas detected the unit should be overridden "off" with a force priority of level 4? UNT's are old and limited, any chance they wrote this logic in the Jace and are directly overriding the outputs from logic in the Jace to the existing UNT's? Don't recall ever seeing a force priority of level 4 in a Jace from an N2 device when any safety logic was in effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    Was wired wrong at the starter and they smoked the relay so the contacts were stuck closed on top of it. Was able to use shutdown point to command on and off.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in