+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracer Summit Email Alerts

Post Likes

Tracer Summit Email Alerts

Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1809 OS Build 17763.1935 (virtual)
    Tracer Summit v17.00.0228 SP 18 - Registered Options: Base Tracer Summit, Tracer 100 / Tracker Communications, Task Manager / Call Center, MultiSite, Grouping, Global Change Control
    Microsoft Office 2016

I am a network admin troubleshooting with little to no knowledge of how to use Summit (I can fumble through things). Email alerts have been working, recently within the last 6 months I've encountered an issue where email alerts simply just quit. The alarms continue to pile up in Summit as expected but the sent folder in Outlook doesn't reflect emails sent for alarms after a certain date. In the past I have tried changing the email that the alarms send to as well as the obvious reboots to the software and VM respectively. In the end the solution was that it just fixed itself.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some actual troubleshooting or point out an obvious issue that I am unaware of or am overlooking?

Post Likes
    I don't have access today...but if you are setting up email, you may not have administrator access...thats one thing to check. Try the default user name and pwd in the manual. To find the manual on your computer, go the windows Start button, scroll in your programs list to Tracer Summit...then Advanced...then Documentation. Look for the Programming manual...about 600 pages...select the manual that doesn't have CCS in the title... If that doesn't answer it fir you, let me know.

Post Likes
    Email alerts were already configured and had been working, then stopped out of the blue. As before, alerts started back up on when nobody was troubleshooting. Seemingly quit and started again for no reason.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ea6c5b244 View Post
    Email alerts were already configured and had been working, then stopped out of the blue. As before, alerts started back up on when nobody was troubleshooting. Seemingly quit and started again for no reason.
    I'm going to guess you got blocked because what was being sent (rate/contents/whatever) triggered a spam filter somewhere. That's going to be VERY hard to troubleshoot and depending on where it's going to / coming from possibly out of your control.

Need to get alerts out of email. One solution I've come across is Pushover; https://blog.jalbert.me/bms-pushover-windows/

Post Likes
    I appreciate the reply. I am actually quite positive email was not being blocked. The emails didn't ever seem to hit Outlook. Email is fine as far as alerting goes, native alerting from Summit is the answer IMO. Moving on from having an "always open" Outlook client would be a game changer. We use Google instead of Exchange.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Need to get alerts out of email. One solution I've come across is Pushover; https://blog.jalbert.me/bms-pushover-windows/
    Nice article
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in