Thread: Line sets

Post Likes

Line sets

God damn!! Price keeps going up, but even more scary now I'm told could be six weeks backorder. Is everybody running in to no line sets available? Who has some

Post Likes
    Are you talking just rolls of copper or pre-packaged "mini split" line sets?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    My buddy told me he bought a lineset and it doubled in price in less than a week. Crazy!
    “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
    "Ha! Memory is RAM!"

4. Likes R600a, JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Three weeks ago I bought up enough copper to get me through the summer. Glad I did

6. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I placed an order today for 4,500' of copper....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    I placed an order today for 4,500' of copper....

Hoarder. How much TP did you order?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

9. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Hoarder. How much TP did you order?

Isn't that like a 3 day supply for him?

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Isn't that like a 3 day supply for him?

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    Probably 6 weeks....Give or take. We do Generators now so about 1 weeks a month is allotted to them.

I do probably have 3000' in the shop now. Mueller Streamline stopped making the 164' rolls in white. Now they are only doing 100' in black. I bought about 6000' a month or so ago as that was the last of the 164' Mueller rolls in the system here.

I don't really care for buying this much supplies to be honest. Last year I dumped about 60k in extra supplies and then had jobs where we couldn't get things like fuses or breakers....But I figure at least with line sets and equipment we can do most of a job, collect payment, and return for something small if it runs out....

I also picked up thirty 60 amp disconnects, thirty 30 amp disconnects, and like 3000' of line set hide....

Well see how it goes....Truth is its a big risk. We could run out of equipment. then what am I'm gonna do.....lol....Probably go take a vacation and let the world go to sh*t for a while....

12. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    If you run out of equipment, you can aways sell some linesets and disconnects.
    Probably 6 weeks....Give or take. We do Generators now so about 1 weeks a month is allotted to them.

I do probably have 3000' in the shop now. Mueller Streamline stopped making the 164' rolls in white. Now they are only doing 100' in black. I bought about 6000' a month or so ago as that was the last of the 164' Mueller rolls in the system here.

I don't really care for buying this much supplies to be honest. Last year I dumped about 60k in extra supplies and then had jobs where we couldn't get things like fuses or breakers....But I figure at least with line sets and equipment we can do most of a job, collect payment, and return for something small if it runs out....

I also picked up thirty 60 amp disconnects, thirty 30 amp disconnects, and like 3000' of line set hide....

Well see how it goes....Truth is its a big risk. We could run out of equipment. then what am I'm gonna do.....lol....Probably go take a vacation and let the world go to sh*t for a while....

14. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I normally go through an HVAC supplier for my copper, but I used to be a plumber and I sourced my Mueller linsets from Pacific Plumbing for easily 30% less than what my HVAC suppliers are charging. FYI

16. Likes R600a, jacob-k liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    I normally go through an HVAC supplier for my copper, but I used to be a plumber and I sourced my Mueller linsets from Pacific Plumbing for easily 30% less than what my HVAC suppliers are charging. FYI
    Hard copper? Or rolled copper?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    Yes like jacob said...what exactly did you get? If it was rolled was it insulated?
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Hard copper? Or rolled copper?

rolled ez pull