Thread: Distech license in non distech JACE 8000

Post Likes

Distech license in non distech JACE 8000

So I am in process of finishing an AX to N4 upgrade. This JACE has distech VAVs. The points all work from the VAVs but the wizard is looking for a license. Do I have to be a dealer to get a license for this JACE? I have the jar files loaded in the JACE already. Just trying to clean up the errors in the app director. We are not a Distech rep if that is not obvious by this point. Any help is greatly appreciated. I also have an issue with Jace shutting down while viewing the graphics. The physical ram is getting used up to nothing then reboots. First time running into this issue. This JACE also happens to be using BASSG 3rd party graphics.

Thanks!

Post Likes
    Yes the wizard is looking for your license it is bound by the Jace host ID.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bdivell View Post
    Yes the wizard is looking for your license it is bound by the Jace host ID.

I understand that. Wondering what hoops I have to go through to get this JACE licensed. We are not a Distech rep so not sure whether I can go straight to Distech for the license or through a dealer.

Post Likes
    You would likely have to contact a dealer as Distech has dealer agreements.

Post Likes
    Okay thanks for the info. I will look into this

Post Likes
    I would ask Distech directly, they usually will not turn down money from anyone. Especially since they are not selling controllers to a non-distech rep, just licensing a feature that was pre-exosting during an upgrade of a device.
    The dealers also could buy a license for your host ID, and mark up the price for you.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    I would ask Distech directly, they usually will not turn down money from anyone. Especially since they are not selling controllers to a non-distech rep, just licensing a feature that was pre-exosting during an upgrade of a device.
    The dealers also could buy a license for your host ID, and mark up the price for you.
    I emailed them as I am afraid our local rep would try and do just that.

Post Likes
    To be fair they can't be expected to do it for free.... I passed that along as a suggested plan B.
    But if they buy the license they just need to email it for you, or it can validate over the interwebs....
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    One thing you could have done is upgrade the license on the AX station to the new N4 station. It would have carried all the licensing you required AND then you could just do a station copy and be done with it. Do it all the time. Maybe for future reference.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

10. Likes MaxBurn liked this post.