+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VACUUM Pump Repair

Post Likes

Hmm VACUUM Pump Repair

My Pump took a dump so here I sit full of pit.

I took the cover off my Bacoeng 3 cfm Rotary Vane Pump and found a broken flat metal shim that is fastened by a screw to the top of the cylinder housing and it covers a discharge port for oil to circulate through the cylinder.

I think its aluminum metal so I cut my own from what I could find the hardware store , small peice about 3/4" x 1/2". Seems to work better But I can only pull down to 230 mics for a blank off test.

I cant get the Bacoeng manufacturer to respond quickly to my picture request.

Does any one know the technical name for this metal shim cover?
    And, is it ok to use any aluminum to make my own untill I can find the proper replacement?

Post Likes
    Can you post a picture?
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    Can you post a picture?
    I dont seem to be able to, I read the directions on how to post using the attachment icon, I dont see an attachment icon, so I think I havent posted enough threads yet " Forum Rules".

Post Likes
    Name:  IMG-4764.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  1.94 MB

Found the icon

Post Likes
    So is that like a reed valve? Can you post a pic of where it goes on the pump?

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

6. Likes R600a liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    It looks like a valve and maybe the manufacturer didn't put a stop so when you first pull down from atmospheric the valve gets over stressed.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    So is that like a reed valve? Can you post a pic of where it goes on the pump?
    Name:  IMG-4779.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  2.66 MB
    Here you can see the stop and my replacement but my replacement started getting an upward curve that doesnt let it seat flush after you run it for awhile.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Hacker View Post
    Name:  IMG-4779.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  2.66 MB
    Here you can see the stop and my replacement but my replacement started getting an upward curve that doesnt let it seat flush after you run it for awhile.
    Just a thought...try using a feeler gauge to make that...they’re kinda springy and seem really tough. You could try different thicknesses until you get one that works.

10. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Save up for a jb industries 5 cfm.
    It'll cost you more than four times but that one cost but they're built right to begin with.

I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

Post Likes
    Just a thought...try using a feeler gauge to make that...they’re kinda springy and seem really tough. You could try different thicknesses until you get one that works.
    OK, that worked out great, I was able to match the manufacturers thickness of the reed valve and can pull 75 mics with rig and core remover attached. Thanks guys for all your help.

13. Likes R600a, JayMan7, ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    This was from my vacuum and decay test today with my 1987 (or something like that. I don't remember for sure.) JB industries 5 cfm vacuum pump.

Post Likes
    Don't mind the white lineset. This was for a friend and I warned him about Chinese line sets so if it goes bad I am charging full price to replace them.

16. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Hacker View Post
    OK, that worked out great, I was able to match the manufacturers thickness of the reed valve and can pull 75 mics with rig and core remover attached. Thanks guys for all your help.
    Nice dude! Glad it worked for you!

18. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    This was from my vacuum and decay test today with my 1987 (or something like that. I don't remember for sure.) JB industries 5 cfm vacuum pump.

Yeah those bluvacs really are sweet! You got one heck of a good vacuum on that system!

Post Likes

VACUUM Pump Repair

Oh you got those big blue hoses too I didn’t notice that at first. That’s a pretty nice set up.

21. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Oh you got those big blue hoses too I didn’t notice that at first. That’s a pretty nice set up.
    Yep. As they say go big or go home.

23. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Always the forum rules limit access, to important objectives important to the company. In the final analysis, it would be prudent and of great convenience to the board if they actually become more aware of what they're writing for the terms and conditions. In all honesty, it seems that they're completely oblivious in what they write. It would also be prudent if the rules simply followed a thorough standard of logic and common sense. Of course the board has their opinion on it following the laws of logic and common sense or in some cases defy these laws altogether.

Post Likes
    Outstanding, this board is going by the measurement of the Metric System. Let's make charts like these more frequent.

Post Likes
    Which is equivalent to the phrase all or nothing.

Post Likes
    I completely agree.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in