+ Reply to Thread

Thread: yellow jacket 93560 spring location

Post Likes

yellow jacket 93560 spring location

I replaced the carbon vanes in my Yellow Jacket 93560 pump, but the spring fell off before seeing how the factory attached it, and I can't find a diagram of it. Does anyone recognize the attached picture and how the factory had the spring connected? It may not even matter, but I don't know. I think it just holds the splash shield or whatever it's called.
    Also, just curious, has anyone tried the more expensive oils like Appion oil or fieldpiece oil in a pump like this, and if so, did it seem to work better as in pull a vacuum faster or maybe make an older pump work slightly better?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Well I will say that I use that appion oil in my tez8 but I also use it in my 4500 psi compressor and let me just say it does great under that abuse...it’s good stuff and seems to pull a great vacuum even after being used more than it should.
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    I'm going to try the Fieldpiece oil and maybe Appion next. I'm not sure if the Fieldpiece oil is any different than the J/b or Yellow Jacket oil, but it might be. I'm just basing that on price, which may mean nothing. I have a fieldpiece VP67 vacuum pump on order and hoping that I don't regret it. I almost went with Appion.

Post Likes
    You’re gonna love the fp my buddy has one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    I sure hope so. I will report back on it.

6. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The yellow jacket pump didn't want to work at all with the fieldpiece oil in it. So I will be very clear as to what I did. I replaced the vanes a few months ago and didn't have time to figure out that spring issue, so I used it as is, and it worked fine. Recently, it started having trouble pulling to 500 microns. It will get there but then shoot back up to 5000 microns, and it will do that over and over, so I pulled off the cover and cleaned it out and figured I'd take a look at that spring again. I had to use the pump yesterday, so I left the spring alone and put the cover back on and filled it with fieldpiece oil, and went to work. To my surprise, it wouldn't pull the bluevac micron gauge down at all. I could put my finger on the inlet port and feel it sucking, and I could feel it blowing at the outlet oil fill. It didn't sound the same either, as if it wasn't kicking in the two stage or just not working very hard. I received a picture from Yellow Jacket when I returned home, and the spring is on there like it should be, other than it needs to be in the center, so it's not the issue. So literally, all I did was wipe out the cover on the pump and fill it with fieldpiece oil, and it no longer seems to work. Also, I use a Yellow Jacket vacuum Tee with the 3/8 hoses, and it wouldn't even pull the gauge on the vacuum tee all the way to 30, so I know the problem is not with my Bluevac micron gauge. With the Bluevac connected directly to the pump, it would start to pull the gauge off of Hi-P for a second and then back to Hi-P.

It seems strange that the fieldpiece oil will not work. The Appion oil claims to work in any pump, so I don't know. Maybe my pump took a severe crap the time I used it before adding the fieldpiece oil. Anyway, I'm tired of fooling with it. I might throw it in the trash or drain the fieldpiece oil and put the other oil back in it. Maybe the valves are jacked up; who knows.

Post Likes
    So I removed the fieldpiece oil, took the pump completely apart, cleaned all the parts, and inspected the vanes and the valve. The vanes still looked new, and the valve laid flat with just a small amount of rust on it, but it seemed to lay perfectly flat. I cleaned it and reassembled it with the proper oil, and now it's like new again. It pulled down to 20 microns with no problem. I'm not sure what made it stop working as it wasn't very dirty at all.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in