Thread: Mitsubishi remote sensor

Post Likes

Mitsubishi remote sensor

A client of mine has a MUZ-FH18NAH2 head unit in a 1000sqFt shop. There’s a lot of cycling going on with the compressor that I’m fairly certain is because the wall mounted head unit is up near an uninsulated drop ceiling. I’m really not familiar with the Mitsubishi product line but I told him I’d take a shot at the problem.
    I think if a remote temperature sensor were installed at normal thermostat height, that would resolve problems with the head unit’s thermistor sensing ceiling temperatures. I found the MHK2, but my clients jaw dropped when I mentioned the price. It’s also a lot fancier than what’s needed. He’s fine controlling the system with the hand remote. I found the PAC-SE41TS-E remote temperature sensor but I cannot determine if it will work with the muz-fh18nah2.
    Ideas? Thoughts? Am I way off base in my thinking?

Thanks

Post Likes
    What's your return air temp?

Post Likes
    I measured ~85 up near the ceiling in the shop. Considering it wasnt very warm outside today, I imagine on a hot summer day that ceiling temp is probably a lot higher. His set temp is 76. Seems to me that such a high differential between return air temp and the set point is not good. Ive nixd the remote sensor idea and instead I built him a sealed chase around the head unit that terminates into a pair of 10x14 merv11 filters. This brings the return air in from 5 off the floor and resolves having to clean the head unit filters so often.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Netsysmgr View Post
    I measured ~85’ up near the ceiling in the shop. Considering it wasn’t very warm outside today, I imagine on a hot summer day that ceiling temp is probably a lot higher. His set temp is 76. Seems to me that such a high differential between return air temp and the set point is not good. I’ve nix’d the remote sensor idea and instead I built him a sealed chase around the head unit that terminates into a pair of 10x14 merv11 filters. This brings the return air in from 5’ off the floor and resolves having to clean the head unit filters so often.
    I've got to see this!

5. Likes Adlerberts-Protege liked this post.
    Post Likes
    LOL.

Rip that monstrosity off of there and install the MHK2. They aren't that expensive.
    "Life, Liberty, and Levin!"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I've got to see this!
    Unreal what some people will think of. I'm thinking engineer turned maintenance guy?
    "Life, Liberty, and Levin!"