Thread: Jace Passphrase

Post Likes

Jace Passphrase

i am trying to install an old station onto my jace. it is asking for a passphrase. i dont know it. how can i get the station onto the jace?

Post Likes
    I'm not much help. You may have to do a cleandist or reset it. There was a discussion here https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/threads/22...h-serial-shell

3. Likes MaxBurn liked this post.
    Post Likes
    If you open the config.bog file on the station in the User Home under your File System the little icon (box with unlocked lock) along the header becomes usable. There are a couple options 1 is force station to use a new passphrase.

Post Likes
    A cleandist will reset the passphrase in the Jace and reset it to default, but not the passphrase in the config.bog of the file you are transfering. If you do not know the passphrase in the config.bog you are transferring, it will need to be reset in order to transfer the station to any Jace. Resetting will clear all sensitive data in the station but the users should remain intact.

Hopefully you have the a copy of the station in WorkBench on your laptop. Start WorkBench and go to My Host --> My File System --> User Home --> Stations, then select the config.bog of the station you need to reset. Once selected, Under the "File" menu, use the "Bog File Protection" (there is also an shortcut icon at the top). Then use the 4th option (Force the file to start using a different passphrase that you specify), then enter a new passphrase for the config.bog. Dont forget to save the config.bog after you enter the new passphrase. Now you should be able to transfer the config.bog to any Jace with the new passphrase.

Definitely cleandist the Jace to reset the passphrase and note it down. Once you reset the passphrase and transfer the config.bog to the Jace, do work in the Jace and transfer the config.bog back to WorkBench it will retain the passphrase in the Jace (not the one you changed it to above).

I keep an excel file on the office server of all jobs with the passphrase, platform credentials, etc since N4, these credentials pertain to project information and not a default to all projects. This way if the owner needs the information for any reason, you are not giving them access credentials to all your projects. Plus I have a record of the local IP, HostID, Software Maintenance expiration, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

6. Likes MaxBurn liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Nice post Balibe. Helpful
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.