Thread: Seeking Refresher Training Courses / And literature

Post Likes

Seeking Refresher Training Courses / And literature

I've been in the HVAC field since 2005. I completed my initial training at OSU Okmulgee, and did my apprenticeship in Tulsa at a residential/commercial company. I have a Universal Journeyman License in the State of Oklahoma. I was a technician at a hospital for 2 years in Tulsa, and a service technician in Tulsa for a friend for 3 years. I've recently been working at a coal plant for the last 10 years. I work on centrifugal chillers, screw chillers, reciprocating chillers. I work on package units from 5 tons to 100 tons. I work on exhaust fans form 1 hp, to 300 hp. I still work on the occasional split system. I see plenty of wall mount bard type units. I also see a lot of other types of equipment here on plant site. However, it is mostly older equipment. I feel I haven't grown with the times. I know most units have ecm style motors for the condenser fan motors and indoor motors now. I know that a lot has changed. I'm wanting to get out of the coal industry, as it is pretty much dead at this point, and I'd like to go back into residential and lite commercial. I currently live in Arizona, but would like to move back to Oklahoma. I have family there, and would like to live in rural Oklahoma. I know I'll be taking a pay cut, and I'm ok with that. I'm just trying to get back to a more simple way of life. Lucky for me, my employer is willing to pay for me to do some training. They realize I'll be let go in the next year or three, and they want to help me before that time comes. I've been looking for some courses I could take to help me get more up to date, but I'm having a hard time finding anything. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction please. Are there any good books I could purchase myself? I'm interested in both options. Thanks for taking the time to read this. My family and I thank you.

2. Likes millerpl liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Thanks for the post. That's good information, but not really what I'm looking for. I'll looking for more technical troubleshooting type stuff, ecm's, controls, zone systems, and what not.

Post Likes
    Apply for pro, there is a ton of information.
    There is a place dedicated for training and education.
    Found that on the Web for you
    There is a app, training on the go and self education

"ECM Training" https://www.regalbeloit.com/tools-re...g/ecm-training

Good luck👍

6. Likes PowellSixO liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by patpinet View Post
    Apply for pro, there is a ton of information.
    There is a place dedicated for training and education.
    Found that on the Web for you
    There is a app, training on the go and self education

"ECM Training" https://www.regalbeloit.com/tools-re...g/ecm-training

Good luck��
    Thanks for the info. I've got to get my post count up. I had a bunch of posts that somehow disappeared, but I haven't been on in probably 4 years.

Post Likes
    What would be a good book for me to read? I'd like to do some overall refresher reading at night and on lunch breaks. Thanks.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=PowellSixO;26044351]What would be a good book for me to read? I'd like to do some overall refresher reading at night and on lunch breaks. Thanks.[/

I see no email adress on your profile.
    Add one and I’ll send you a link

10. Likes PowellSixO liked this post.
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE=patpinet;26044611]
    Quote Originally Posted by PowellSixO View Post
    What would be a good book for me to read? I'd like to do some overall refresher reading at night and on lunch breaks. Thanks.[/

I see no email adress on your profile.
    Add one and I’ll send you a link
    Email added. Appreciate it! Thanks.

Post Likes
    I should thank you for posting this thread. I'm also searching for one.

13. Likes millerpl liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PowellSixO View Post
    I've been in the HVAC field since 2005. I completed my initial training at OSU Okmulgee, and did my apprenticeship in Tulsa at a residential/commercial company. I have a Universal Journeyman License in the State of Oklahoma. I was a technician at a hospital for 2 years in Tulsa, and a service technician in Tulsa for a friend for 3 years. I've recently been working at a coal plant for the last 10 years. I work on centrifugal chillers, screw chillers, reciprocating chillers. I work on package units from 5 tons to 100 tons. I work on exhaust fans form 1 hp, to 300 hp. I still work on the occasional split system. I see plenty of wall mount bard type units. I also see a lot of other types of equipment here on plant site. However, it is mostly older equipment. I feel I haven't grown with the times. I know most units have ecm style motors for the condenser fan motors and indoor motors now. I know that a lot has changed. I'm wanting to get out of the coal industry, as it is pretty much dead at this point, and I'd like to go back into residential and lite commercial. I currently live in Arizona, but would like to move back to Oklahoma. I have family there, and would like to live in rural Oklahoma. I know I'll be taking a pay cut, and I'm ok with that. I'm just trying to get back to a more simple way of life. Lucky for me, my employer is willing to pay for me to do some training. They realize I'll be let go in the next year or three, and they want to help me before that time comes. I've been looking for some courses I could take to help me get more up to date, but I'm having a hard time finding anything. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction please. Are there any good books I could purchase myself? I'm interested in both options. Thanks for taking the time to read this. My family and I thank you.
    I've noticed this process can be a long haul. In the end there it is, it's worth it in the long run.