Thread: Humidity goes up with temperature in split ducted system

Post Likes

Humidity goes up with temperature in split ducted system

Hi There Forum,
    In our main large clean room we often see that the relative humidity goes up when the air temperature drops and I'm familiar with the reasons for this.

But we have another room with a split ducted AC system that has a reheat coil on the supply air, when I look at the graph it clearly shows humidity rising with and tracking with the rise in temperature in the room and I'm trying to understand the physics of this.

Is it because the air is enclosed within a duct and that the moisture can't really escape from the air unlike the larger open clean room space?.

TIA
    Multivits

Post Likes
    Probably because the evap coil is not dry when the heat comes on after a dehumidify call.

3. Likes jmlandru liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Probably because the evap coil is not dry when the heat comes on after a dehumidify call.
    Thanks for the reply, I'm not 100% sure that the system has a dehumidification function and will check to see if it does and that it is enabled.

5. Likes beenthere liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by multivits View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I'm not 100% sure that the system has a dehumidification function and will check to see if it does and that it is enabled.
    It's confirmed that this split ducted system has no dehumidification function.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in