Thread: Turbocor Bearing issue

Post Likes

Turbocor Bearing issue

Hello Gents,
    Havenít posted in a while but I have a question about a turbocor compressor TT300. The compressor is on a Multistack.
    The compressor was throwing up bearing alarms, calibrated the bearings and front bearing showed a flat line at the bottom with no Gain on the front axial.
    I am going to pull the charge and ohm out the sensors and bearings, Can I get some help with procedure on this work? Specifically what pins go to what.
    Also are there any rings or seals that need to be replaced on the pass thru connectors.
    Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    What were the alarms? Sure it wasn’t running in a surge condition or getting liquid in the compressor?

Post Likes
    maybe low oil pressure caused some problems

4. Likes manny238, nutradesman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammocan66 View Post
    Hello Gents,
    Havenít posted in a while but I have a question about a turbocor compressor TT300. The compressor is on a Multistack.
    The compressor was throwing up bearing alarms, calibrated the bearings and front bearing showed a flat line at the bottom with no Gain on the front axial.
    I am going to pull the charge and ohm out the sensors and bearings, Can I get some help with procedure on this work? Specifically what pins go to what.
    Also are there any rings or seals that need to be replaced on the pass thru connectors.
    Thanks in advance.
    Have you tried to download the Turbotool app. I believe you can access the Turbocor service manual from there. If not I can send it to you tonight once I get back into town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTFM!!!

Post Likes
    Not sure about the liquid. Compressor wonít start due to bearing calibration failure

Post Likes
    I believe you donít need to recover before testing the sensor and bearings .

Like said before Turbotool will get lots of answers.

Just asking while doing the calibration youíve removed the j1 connection. It will prevent you to calibrate

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by patpinet View Post
    I believe you donít need to recover before testing the sensor and bearings .

Like said before Turbotool will get lots of answers.

Just asking while doing the calibration youíve removed the j1 connection. It will prevent you to calibrate
    Really the Turbotool is no help. I watched a service video but it did not show the pin out of the connectors. Anyone have a service manual? Thanks

Post Likes
    Really the Turbotool is no help. I watched a service video but it did not show the pin out of the connectors. Anyone have a service manual? Thanks
    email?

Post Likes
    If the feed throughs check good thereís no reason to pull the charge, the only reason for pulling the charge is to check the actual bearing or the actual sensor.

Post Likes
    Can you tell me how to isolate the compressor on a multi stack? I understand that there are connections in the inside that may have become corroded. These Connie are after the pass thru connectors.

Post Likes
    The service manual is in the Turbotool.

RTFM!!!

Post Likes
    Itís not the video you want to look at
    All the test procedure are there .

Videos are there to help you when you have a part to replace

Post Likes
    I you have not seen or work on a Turbocor before , donít stick your hand in it. Compressor have a big capacitor bank that will fry you on the spot

15. Likes manny238 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I finally found it.
    Thanks.

Post Likes
    Thank you friend

Post Likes
    Can you tell me how to isolate the compressor on a multi stack? I understand that there are connections in the inside that may have become corroded. These Connie are after the pass thru connectors.
    AGAIN, if the feed through is good, the actual component is good too. Iím not trying to be rude but if you canít figure out how to isolate a compressor we have a big issue here.

Post Likes
    I understand what you are saying. If the issue is the pass through or internal (bearing or sensor) then the charge will have to come out to verify.
    I only see a discharge check valve. I could not find a suction isolation valve or a liquid line service valve.
    I have many years of experience in this industry just not much on this particular machine,
    Thanks