Thread: Fellas with wireless probes.

Post Likes

Fellas with wireless probes.

You guys that have them, do you use them on most every call or what? Like right now weíre doing a lot of pm work and Iíve had my probes for a little over a month and have used them exclusively. curious if you use them only on problem calls or why ya may only use em for certain things. If anybody uses them most exclusively how long have you had them. I donít expect to get the same life from them as my regular manifold but I figure if I get 3 trouble free years, Iíll be happy.

Post Likes
    Iíve been using iConnect probes exclusively since they came out 5 or so years ago. No reason to go back in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes R600a, dieseldude, TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The Field piece probes are all I use.
    They are a lot more durable than the Sman3 guages I used to use and the amount of information they provide with the hygrometers is amazing.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

5. Likes JayMan7, TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I use my fp probes a lot and the range on them is awesome! I use them for troubleshooting stuff thatís difficult to get to like on a roof or a condenser on top of a box. Or in cases where I have to get my subcooling like 10 feet away from my super heat. Sanding pipes is a bit of a pain and kinda ridiculous, but the clamps are very accurate and very quick.

If I need to troubleshoot a split on the ground or something I almost always grab my fp 480V

Then I use an anolog manifold (yj titan) a lot for vacuum and recover (yes I know itís not best to pull through a manifold...Iím not anal when it comes to vacuum and recovery. If you are then I think thatís great.)

I use analog stubbies a lot in the rain and when I know I wonít always be around to keep an eye on my stuff.
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

7. Likes R600a, Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    I use my fp probes a lot and the range on them is awesome! I use them for troubleshooting stuff thatís difficult to get to like on a roof or a condenser on top of a box. Or in cases where I have to get my subcooling like 10 feet away from my super heat. Sanding pipes is a bit of a pain and kinda ridiculous, but the clamps are very accurate and very quick.

If I need to troubleshoot a split on the ground or something I almost always grab my fp 480V

Then I use an anolog manifold (yj titan) a lot for vacuum and recover (yes I know itís not best to pull through a manifold...Iím not anal when it comes to vacuum and recovery. If you are then I think thatís great.)

I use analog stubbies a lot in the rain and when I know I wonít always be around to keep an eye on my stuff.
    I carry a small I think 2 inch brass wire wheel in my probe bag that snaps into my 12 volt impact. When the copper is dirty enough to need sanded I just snap that into my drill and it cleans it up super fast and easy.

9. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    The Field piece probes are all I use.
    They are a lot more durable than the Sman3 guages I used to use and the amount of information they provide with the hygrometers is amazing.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    Yes that set up is badass. Crazy to be able to get so much information that quick and easy.

11. Likes R600a, TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurst11 View Post
    I carry a small I think 2 inch brass wire wheel in my probe bag that snaps into my 12 volt impact. When the copper is dirty enough to need sanded I just snap that into my drill and it cleans it up super fast and easy.
    Thatís just too funny! I carry one in my torch bag and even have one near my vice in my van but like a dummy Iíve literally never thought about putting it in my probe bag
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    I keep both my testo psych probes, one pressure probe and one temp clamp in my meter bag. I basically only bust out a manifold if I'm charging a system.

Post Likes
    I keep testo probs in the bag for ever day use.
    Even with constant use my phone battery usually last 14 or better hours.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    For me;

Residential is always my SMAN380V and if itís commercial on a roof then I use my probes FWIW

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMan7 View Post
    Thatís just too funny! I carry one in my torch bag and even have one near my vice in my van but like a dummy Iíve literally never thought about putting it in my probe bag
    I think we all do things like that of some sort lol. We tend to look right over the simplest things for some reason.

17. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Funny! Along this same line of thinking I keep a charging hose in my tank scale bag, as I use FP probes almost exclusively and only bring out manifold for recoveries.

19. Likes R600a liked this post.