+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ultra-low refrigeration

Post Likes

Ultra-low refrigeration

Hey guys, just seeing if anybody has any good literature on ultra lows. I have a couple at the hospital I work at and am interested in learning more about them. I know the basics of a cascade system. I have been doing some research and seems like it may be a niche I could work into in my area. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Post Likes
    If they are Thermo Fisher they sell premeasured charge that is ready to use, at first their tech support wouldn't talk to me I had to have Bio-Med (Clinical engineering) call them first and got tech support number from them.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the feedback rkevins, I have heard that thermo scientific can be hard to deal with. Being such a large company they have their own service techs work on their products. However I'm finding out a lot of the smaller manufacturers work with 3rd parties for their repairs. The premixed charge would be handy to get for sure. I lot of the companies use 508b it seems and it is very expensive.

Post Likes
    Yep r23 and 508b are both brutally expensive. Some units are using r170 (ethane) now. I find most smaller ultra-lows to not actually be very precisely engineered. Also to my knowledge they all use cap tubes because TXVs have issues hunting at those temps.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in