+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier Network Service Tool IV

Post Likes

Carrier Network Service Tool IV

I have a older customer that has older equipment and requires us to trend some data points on a problematic chiller. Carrier told us that Network Service Tool IV had the ability to trend point data. I have Network Service Tool V, but have never required Network Service Tool IV. Does anyone happen to have this old software program? Can I utilize my Carrier black box with this software OR would I need to utilize my generic RS232 to RS485 converter with it? Do I require any special dongles or keys to use this version of Network Service Tool? I have a really old ComfortView dongle... Would that work?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated. Thank you!
    J. King

... sitting in the Hollywood Hawaiian Hotel, listening to the air conditioner hum
    Post Likes
    NSTV doesn't trend data (that I am aware of, and IDK about 4, never used it) You can use bus monitor to capture and export CCN bus data, but that's not what you're looking for. I believe what you're referring to is PCDCT, which is the data collection program. You connect to the unit using connection manager in NSTV, but once its connected, then DCT is run as a separate program, which is just a snapshot of every point you select, at whatever time interval you select. And as you can imagine, its a lot of data to be looking at the normal spreadsheet view. The service engineers at the Batcave at Carrier has simulator programs they can load the data into, but not us normal folk

What I'm not sure of is whether PCDCT is available to "the general public" I've never had to download it, so IDK if its like NSTV in that getting the software free is not really an issue, its just that if you don't have the hardware converter, your program is useless. If its not locked down or whatever, your local Carrier tech support might give you a copy.

The great professors of the art are not immune from the malignancy of matter and the eternal cussedness of inanimate objects.

Post Likes
    There is Diagnostic Trace in NSTIV, not sure why they didn't leave this feature when they resurrected NST after CView. It only runs in the program. It's not like you set them up then leave and let them run to retrieve the data, NSTIV needs to stay connected and running the trace to record the data.

One issue is it needs an access key. Back in the day it was a parallel printer port key. Don't know if it will recognize a CView key, never tried but CView came after NSTIV. CView keys were originally a parallel printer port key, believe they switched to a USB key with v2.0.

Another issue is NSTIV was Win3.1 or Win95. May be able to get it running on a Win98 or WinXP machine but doubt you could on anything newer.

Don't think you can use the black box with NSTIV, the black box came out with NSTV. It not only creates a com port from USB but is also the access key for the software. You will probably need a computer with the physical comm port and the B&B converter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    Sell them an I-VU if they want trending.
    Field assistant will only trend a chiller with a upc since FA doesn't support ccn.

Post Likes
    So is there anyway to get this PCDCT software or is it really impossible?

... sitting in the Hollywood Hawaiian Hotel, listening to the air conditioner hum
    Post Likes
    Nothing is impossible. Call your local Carrier service branch and ask

The great professors of the art are not immune from the malignancy of matter and the eternal cussedness of inanimate objects.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosleh View Post
    This should be the newest part number.33CNNSTKIT-03

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosleh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    This should be the newest part number.33CNNSTKIT-03
    He is looking for PC Data Collection Tool (PCDCT). As far as I know it was not available outside of Carrier.

"PCDCT, the Carrier chiller is monitored for 24-hours or more, and all parameters are recorded at 2-second intervals. Technicians then study this and recommend any changes to improve the operating efficiency of the system. It can also indicate problems that may arise before they lead to catastrophic failure."
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
    He is looking for PC Data Collection Tool (PCDCT). As far as I know it was not available outside of Carrier.
    I need to pay attention.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in