Thread: KUV vs VAN

Post Likes

KUV vs VAN

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but here is my situation, I'm currently using a transit connect and there is no space for me to carry or find anything in the back, I was looking to buy a new transit mid roof but the KUV got my attention, however, the price is not a joke, ford's kuv are almost 60K while a Chevy on 3500 body is the same price as a transit fan (around 34K). anyone can explain the price difference? will a kuv work better than a van? I do mostly resi service with few installs every now and then. any feedback will be highly appreciated

Post Likes
    For the price get a 3500 and a trailer for installs when you need it.

Sent from my remote link to R2D2 using Tapatalk

I can't fix it if it won't stay broke..

3. Likes CircusEnvy liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Running out of room in a small ass truck? I run service only, I am and have been out of room for years. My Ford 450 ,15' box, by 8'inside height , w/a 14,500 GVW means that my percentage of "fixed on the spot"(Productivity) service calls is the highest of anybody's. I do Commercial HVACR. Productivity means how many hours of "chargeable" time do you charge for on a typical 8hr day? 4?/6?/6 1/2? or like me ,I usually get 10 out of 10 hrs. or even 4 out of 4 on a slow day.

5. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Get the hi top transit they are super nice, I install and use a pickup with utility body. When I did service though I had high top nissan and hi top sprinter. The new transit is nice though and can be had in AWD for a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Running out of room in a small ass truck? I run service only, I am and have been out of room for years. My Ford 450 ,15' box, by 8'inside height , w/a 14,500 GVW means that my percentage of "fixed on the spot"(Productivity) service calls is the highest of anybody's. I do Commercial HVACR. Productivity means how many hours of "chargeable" time do you charge for on a typical 8hr day? 4?/6?/6 1/2? or like me ,I usually get 10 out of 10 hrs. or even 4 out of 4 on a slow day.
    I don't get people with small trucks. I've seen one local company that has a Chevy hhr. That's not even a truck and I don't care what the registration says. When it has a 2.2 l 4 cylinder motor and four doors and a hatchback it ain't a truck.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

8. Likes STEVEusaPA liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I like my step van tons of room.

Post Likes
    I started on my own with the connect, it is small but you do what you have to do, I could have never paid cash for anything bigger and wouldn't start a business with a loan. now it is time to upgrade

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACguy85 View Post
    I started on my own with the connect, it is small but you do what you have to do, I could have never paid cash for anything bigger and wouldn't start a business with a loan. now it is time to upgrade
    Yeah. I am stuck in a tahoe my self but not for long. I am so tired of lack of room that I was just looking at a 26 foot truck but I think it would be too hard to turn around in town.

Post Likes
    The more room you have the more garbage you will fill it with. I run a chevy 3500 standard cab with an 11ft enclosed bed, and I have zero space. If I got a bigger rig I would just look at the space as I have room for this now and now that will fit..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    My brother ran a KUV on a chevy for years. I loved that truck. I wish I could have one where I work.

Modern ford vans suck nuts. No space, especially if you do service and install work from the same vehicle.

That KUV was very roomy, no problem to load the back with everything you need for an install, and not trip over yourself if you had to run a call before or afterwards, cause you can put all your service parts, and most tools in the built in boxes.

Id go that route for sure.

14. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Yeah. I am stuck in a tahoe my self but not for long. I am so tired of lack of room that I was just looking at a 26 foot truck but I think it would be too hard to turn around in town.

I’d like to work out of the snap-on rock and roll truck. It’s friggin huge

16. Likes R600a, BadDaddy420, Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    My brother ran a KUV on a chevy for years. I loved that truck. I wish I could have one where I work.

Modern ford vans suck nuts. No space, especially if you do service and install work from the same vehicle.

That KUV was very roomy, no problem to load the back with everything you need for an install, and not trip over yourself if you had to run a call before or afterwards, cause you can put all your service parts, and most tools in the built in boxes.

Id go that route for sure.

That what I have in mind, running all my calls out of the same truck

Post Likes
    You need a Freightliner/Grumman diesel van. Nothing pretty about it but you won't be running to the supply house 5 times a day. Might be used at this point but seems they can still be found with low miles.