Views: 85
Size:  265.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Ohhh wait that's 14Name:  Screenshot_20210506-123046~2.png
Views: 85
Size:  265.3 KB
    What I ended up doing was running the power to first stage compressor contactor so both fans come on at the same time but what I was noticing is it took a minute for this US motor to ramp up to speed and I have no idea why but it is going the correct direction

Post Likes
    I would not leave it that way.
    You want to use the independent outdoor fan relay/contactor.
    It is a separate power circuit.

Post Likes
    Theres no such thing as a US motor ramping to to speed

I stock US motors and they are exactly like any other , they fire up instantly

Whats your amps now ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    What does Note 4 say ?
    Removed

6. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Theres no such thing as a US motor ramping to to speed

I stock US motors and they are exactly like any other , they fire up instantly

Whats your amps now ?
    Amps are 2.6. I ran my own wires back used the incoming power runs great I use the compressor contactor line voltage it ran perfect then I ran it on the spade connectors pushing in the contactors runs perfect but as soon as the unit calls for cooling the one fan on the fan contactor ran perfect but the other fan was going slow then ramped up to full speed. Cap is brand new and is 10.1 µF when tested. For some reason when the other fan comes on my new motor takes a minute to get full speed. Now The one motor is a 3/4 and I’m using a half horsepower same RPMs but that should not have an affect as soon as power is being used by each motor. This is on a McDonald’s in the kitchen so I have to have it running or it gets way too hot in there.

Post Likes
    I would not leave it that way.
    You want to use the independent outdoor fan relay/contactor.
    It is a separate power circuit.
    I absolutely agree but it’s for a McDonald’s in the kitchen and during rush at lunchtime it gets way too hot so I had to just get it up and running. It still blows me away that I can push the contactor full speed but when the unit calls for cooling the one fan is idyll spied and us motor take a minute

Post Likes
    Oh goodness

You have 2 issues now

1 - You cant take a 3/4 hp out and toss a 1/2 in its place using the same blades , the motor will over amp

2 - Something is mis-wired ... somewheres

Post Likes
    Oh goodness

You have 2 issues now

1 - You cant take a 3/4 hp out and toss a 1/2 in its place using the same blades , the motor will over amp

2 - Something is mis-wired ... somewheres
    The same fan blade is also used on 1/2 to 3/4. Horse. We ran new wire with same results and we tried it on two motors same thing.

Post Likes
    So ... if you disconnect the other fan motor , or atleast disable the contactor , will the US motor fire up fine ?

Post Likes
    So ... if you disconnect the other fan motor , or atleast disable the contactor , will the US motor fire up fine ?
    Yes it does same with the compressor contactor or the indoor fan contactor or any 208 voltage. I can run the fan to the incoming 208 voltage to the unit And the fan will run just fine but when you push that contactor for the other fan then this fan has a problem does the same thing goes very slow or it starts to go in reverse. Then the motor will slowly start going clockwise the way it should very slowly very slowly then it finally catches up and spins like the other motor then it turns off on the internal overload and we tried this with two motors a half horse and a three-quarter.

Post Likes
    Have you checked for voltage at the condenser fan?
    Are you sure the brown/white wire is in phase with the white wire on the motor?
    It is possible that the jumper wire on the capacitor that feeds power to the other capacitor is bad?
    I apologize is you answered theses questions earlier, but I wasn't able to completely follow what you were posting.

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

14. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Those two fans have to start simultaneously or you'll have the issue you're having.
    If one fan starts first before the other it will pull air in reverse through the second one causing it to start backwards.

16. Likes Paul Benkovitz liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Those two fans have to start simultaneously or you'll have the issue you're having.
    If one fan starts first before the other it will pull air in reverse through the second one causing it to start backwards.
    Anti-windmill device.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Good Band-Aid but the problem should be corrected.
    They are good for wind conditions.

Post Likes
    So here's an interesting thought.

And I only bring it up because today, I had to source a new 460V 1PH fan motor, and prop.

I couldn't find a CCWLE motor, or a CCW 33*, 4 blade, 24" prop.....BUT I did find a reversible motor, and a CW prop to spec.

SOOooo...with one running opposite the other, or spinning in the off cycle....is that issue mitigated....OR not?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    So here's an interesting thought.

And I only bring it up because today, I had to source a new 460V 1PH fan motor, and prop.

I couldn't find a CCWLE motor, or a CCW 33*, 4 blade, 24" prop.....BUT I did find a reversible motor, and a CW prop to spec.

SOOooo...with one running opposite the other, or spinning in the off cycle....is that issue mitigated....OR not?
    I seriously doubt it matters which way the blade spins as long as it pushes air

But ... having one running during the Off cycle ? That could very well be a problem causing the other to keep spinning backwards when its time to kick on

It would depend if they have Sheet Metal Dividers so they had a separate section

I've seen setups where they have Winter Time controls having 1 fan controlled for Head Pressure .... but Im thinking they had those dividers

Post Likes
    I seriously doubt it matters which way the blade spins as long as it pushes air

But ... having one running during the Off cycle ? That could very well be a problem causing the other to keep spinning backwards when its time to kick on

It would depend if they have Sheet Metal Dividers so they had a separate section

I've seen setups where they have Winter Time controls having 1 fan controlled for Head Pressure .... but Im thinking they had those dividers
    There is no sheet metal divider but for some reason the motor is going the correct way meaning the fan is spinning clockwise it’s just taking it a minute to get energized and then it’ll slow down and kick back on so I’m wondering if it’s going off on overload but we have tried three different motors with the same result even OEM motor

Post Likes
    I would wire it exactly as the diagram shows.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwd111 View Post
    Yes it does same with the compressor contactor or the indoor fan contactor or any 208 voltage. I can run the fan to the incoming 208 voltage to the unit And the fan will run just fine but when you push that contactor for the other fan then this fan has a problem does the same thing goes very slow or it starts to go in reverse. Then the motor will slowly start going clockwise the way it should very slowly very slowly then it finally catches up and spins like the other motor then it turns off on the internal overload and we tried this with two motors a half horse and a three-quarter.
    You've installed a 1/2 HP motor in place of a 3/4 HP......you need to get the correct motor for the application.

Also...NEVER size a motor by HP ....ALWAYS use amp draw. Manufacturers can lie about HP ratings, but they can not lie about amp draw.

So get a new motor with the same amperage rating as the existing, and you'll likely be fine.

24. Likes dandyme liked this post.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast