Thread: Moving to North Carolina questions

Post Likes

Moving to North Carolina questions

Hey guys, new member here. I haven’t been able to find any information on what the union salary in North Carolina is. Im thinking about Wilmington and lake Norman area depending on when the wife wants to go. I’m currently about 27 years in local 638B Steamfitters union in NYC, union sets pay scale but is easily negotiable $10-15 over scale depending on experience. I would like to stay union if possible, what should I expect the pay scale to be for hvac service technician in Wilmington or lake Norman area? I would like to stay commercial-industrial, I’m also entertaining a stationary position with less days working and longer hours 3-12s 4-10s would be perfect.

Post Likes
    NC is a right to work state. Only union companies are some factory service or state wide companies. Minimal or no advantage for union. Check with Brady Services for an idea of pay & benefits .

Post Likes
    $10 to $15 over Jman scale in the SE? Good look with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Just looking for a baseline, union or non union commercial-industrial or stationary

Post Likes

Moving to North Carolina questions

Here’s the previous Agreement wage sheet. Maybe $30.35/Hr based on a 2.5% increase per year? Only Brands C and J are Union in NC as they are Nationally, the other two Brands are NOT. Half of NC is a Trane Franchise, there was some previously some overlap in Central NC, but Trane just gave exclusivity to the Franchise in October 2020. McKenney’s out of Atlanta, by way of Charlotte, might be a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk