Thread: Alerton VLC-550 ver 4.02

Post Likes

Alerton VLC-550 ver 4.02

Does anyone have any bacnet documentation on these controllers? trying to determine what all these unnamed points are for.
    Thanks.

Post Likes
    What are the unnamed points? BV-40 gets a priority array and is designed for occupancy use. Then there are a handful of dedicated BVs/Avs for Microset use, cant remember what they are

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controldude View Post
    Does anyone have any bacnet documentation on these controllers? trying to determine what all these unnamed points are for.
    Thanks.
    Alerton is a whole other animal. they have specific AV and BV that are microset and other device specific and a whole bunch that were not used on that particular program. Lots of the AV/BV are up to the programmer since they are programmed in basically wiresheet in visio. so this means someone can make AV50/BV50 whatever they want. If I am trying to figure out a controller I will dig through the job folders on the alerton PC and if i am lucky someone had made backups of the original visio files or point data files. i will load those up in visio and follow the logic blocks to figure out what the AV/BV are for that device.

Post Likes
    I had a similar experience - the controllers cough up everything they CAN have on e discovery. But of that, just a few are actually used. There are a few that are typically used for things like Occupancy - as noted already. Other than these, the rest are there because they CAN be, not because they NEED to be. Alerton's UI is entirely graphics - so they have dedicated boiler plate graphics for all the controllers with a spot for all the points, their names, and values. There is no tree with a controller over the few points that are being used.
    You will need the program out if it in order to make heads or tails of it.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Find the code file for the controller, search for the point you are looking for. All the points in the controller can be used for anything the programmer wants, except for the reserved Microset points, and BV-40. The code file tells all.
    What are you trying to find/accomplish?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLoves2ski View Post
    Find the code file The code file tells all.
    What is the extension on that file? Can it be read without special Alerton programming tools?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    What is the extension on that file? Can it be read without special Alerton programming tools?
    Open device manager and find the controller, it should indicate the name of the code file.
    Then just look on the PC for a file with that name and an extension of .vsd or .vsdx (depending on how old it is)
    The file opens with Visio; Visio is usually installed on the Alerton Server.

Post Likes
    Oh, I call them programs,, you call them code files... I thought this was a secret weird thing. Ok, got it.
    I got excited for a second there...