Thread: Cussing session.

Post Likes

Cussing session.

Hadn’t posted anything here for a while so I thought I would drop some photos of my latest cussing session. I remembered and took some before and after rather than just finished product.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. Likes heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Here is why I titled this cussing session.

As you can see it is a tight space, not terrible but it is in a corner which tend to make it harder. None of the drives on this had tips/tabs where it is a single layer. All these were like they ran the square end metal through the drive machine and just cut it to length, then bent it over with a hammer. When that happens and you straighten out one end and try to pull it the other direction it doesn't want to go so you fight the thing all the way off. Every one of them. The return drop was screwed onto the box, simple enough right, 3 screws down each side and 3 across the bottom. While talking about fun screws to get to the unit was screwed to the box under the coil. While we are talking about the coil the drain line was glued 100%, no way to take it apart without cutting it. By the way would you believe that is the same drain line. The refrigeration lines were above finished ceiling and the liquid line was only 1/4". It looked like an easy pull as it was only about 15' across the ceiling and duct. I slide the 3/8 over the 1/4 and soldered it. Before I did that I tried to move it and it moved a good foot real easy. I straightened out about 15' of line and used the 1/4 to pull it in. It moved real easy about 3' then it stuck, so I pulled it ack then tried again. This time it came about 5'. I get up and look down the joist space and there is a heat run is the same space and the refer lines have more twists and turns than 40 miles of bad road. I pushed, pulled twisted and tugged and it finally pulled through. Oh I almost forgot about the plenum. It had a piece of duct inside it which I am sure it is probably a Ruud requirement. You could not lift the plenum over it, you could not get to the screws on the inside piece, and you could not tilt it. This whole job was like they figured no one would ever have to take the system out, ever, especially not them.

Ok, rant over, I feel better, thanks for letting me vent.

Post Likes
    Wow, you didn't run the line set in front of the cabinet so the next guy has something to cuss about. Lol
    Nice looking work !

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

5. Likes BNME8EZ liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thank you. One of my pet peeves, not thinking about the next guy to work on it.

7. Likes chander liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Turned out well. Nice work. Very clean bends on the lineset

I used to do the sheetmetal just like you cuss about. Now most times I use S-cleat at all the near the furnace connections and modify 2 sides to make it function like drive, and fold around the corner.

At least you had a 1/2 way decent install to start from.

Im amazed how much taller the new fan coil is compared to the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes BNME8EZ liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Not just taller, wider also, depth about the same. I ran out of time to check it out decent but did enough to know it is not out of range. It was 85 when I finished, most of next week will be in the 60’s so not good for a cooling test on a new system.

Thanks for the kind words. It’s always fun seeing your work.

11. Likes R600a, heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Update:

Went out today, ran and adjusted. 2.5 T, 965 air flow, .32 TESP, .07 SA, .25 RA, and according to the iConnect 26800, rated at 28,800.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    was going to ask if they put the static collar in for the old ah, but you answered that question. thos old rheems needed a 12" minimum static collar or airflow would not work right.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    The static collar wasn’t that long, maybe 8”.