Thread: Distech GFX Programming - how to achieve pushbutton logic?

Post Likes

Distech GFX Programming - how to achieve pushbutton logic?

I want to be able to map a BV to graphics for the customer to be able to push a button, it activates the BV and makes some stuff happen, without them having to turn the BV back off. For example pushing a button for a lead/lag swap. The customer clicks a button, the swap happens, they can click it again, equipment swaps again etc - without them having to turn the BV back off. Just one-click action, there are a ton of uses for this.

In Alerton we could achieve this by feeding a one shot back into the BV to turn itself off. In GFX this isn't working since the code is already writing to priority 14, it won't take a manual priority 14 write. Even with a switch and a delay - writing null to priority 14 until I turn the BV on, I still can't overwrite the null input. Is what I'm trying to do possible with distech?

Post Likes
    Yes on the graphic bound label it’s possible to enter a timed duration so you can click it once.

I’d have to search on here for how to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Distech has a custom block... grey... in one of their preloaded apps toolbars you get when you add the distech special installs from smart installer.
    It is called BACnetResetBinaryValue.
    It resets the BV it is hooked to after one program scan. In GFX it looks instant, like the BV never threw. In Niagara the BV stays on for 2 or 3 seconds and switches back.
    If you do not have the Preloaded apps, you need to install more smartinstaller stuff.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    So not sure what frontend your using? But this how I would do it with a EC-BOS and ECB. Attached is the simple gfx code. Then proxy in the reset BV set the maxoverride duration to something you want like 45sec. Hide all the action slots but override rename it stuff happens? Set your fallback to false. You can also turn off the status effect so you don't get the color indication of override while it's running the 45sec max override duration. So what happens? Customer selects stuff happens BV goes to true for 45secs then fallbacks to false. This state change each time executes your toggle logic in GFX. Not sure if that's what your after?Name:  BV oneshot.PNG
Views: 139
Size:  24.1 KB

Post Likes
    I think the problem with this toggle code is that the end user must command the reset BV to true, and then command it back to false again. He wants to command it to true and have it go back to false by itself.
    Your code does the job properly. But it does not address the commanding the point twice part.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    I think the problem with this toggle code is that the end user must command the reset BV to true, and then command it back to false again. He wants to command it to true and have it go back to false by itself.
    Your code does the job properly. But it does not address the commanding the point twice part.
    If you set your fallback to false set your max override duration to say 45 seconds there is no commanding it twice as you decribe. You set your override action to stuff happens. One click sets a true value at 8 for 45 seconds then fallback to false by itself as you say. GFX code is just kind of running a flip/flop routine if you will.

Post Likes
    Oh I get it. Nifty. I was not flowing part of what you were laying down.

Post Likes
    Oh I get it. Nifty. I was not flowing part of what you were laying down.
    Yeah been using it for years something like a reset for a latch from the frontend, manual lead/lag swaps works well.

Post Likes
    Distech has a custom block... grey... in one of their preloaded apps toolbars you get when you add the distech special installs from smart installer.
    It is called BACnetResetBinaryValue.
    It resets the BV it is hooked to after one program scan. In GFX it looks instant, like the BV never threw. In Niagara the BV stays on for 2 or 3 seconds and switches back.
    If you do not have the Preloaded apps, you need to install more smartinstaller stuff.
    This worked. It's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Post Likes
    Good!