Thread: Honeywell XL online oldies but goodies

Post Likes

Honeywell XL online oldies but goodies

Trying to identify what points are associated with what Honeywell Excell input / Output controllers
    XL online shows the points and their names, but list each one
    With the following reference “C/B/T”
    “T” is the terminal number, but I forgot what C and B stand for

Post Likes
    If you write about the Excel 5000 devices (nothing is older): "C" means the controller number on the C-bus and "B" means the module number (1 to 16 while the switches are set on 0 to F)

Post Likes
    "Nothing is Older" - for the most part, yes. Back in 2006 I worked at the San Francisco Data Center (SFDC) - big upgrade project. SFDC was built in the 1970's - Honeywell Delta 2000 gear was installed - apparently 'state of the art' back then. My job was to interface the Delta 2K I/O wiring to the new XL5K DDC panel. The old 70's wiring was brittle - every so often you'd get a wire break and things would shut down (like the AHU). The SFDC HVAC staff got really grumpy on that. Let's just say I was pretty happy leaving that project. See photos
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    I love circuit boards from the late 79s and earlier. Hand laid artwork with the curvy traces. Back when double sided boards were kinda rare.

I might even still have all the stuff to do that , it had been my fathers in the 70s, and I used to use it in the 80s when I was a kid, building projects out of Popular Electronics.

Post Likes
    Theses modules are still working good.If they fail, the owners are still able to get them on E-Bay.
    Will the JACE’s and Spyders last as long ?