Thread: Jace 8000 Getting Watchdog Tmeout

Post Likes

Angry Jace 8000 Getting Watchdog Tmeout

I have a site that we took over a couple of years ago that had 3 Jace 600's. In January I migrated the databases and replaced all three Jaces with 8000's. Everything has been fine except for the last month, one of the jaces keeps shutting down on the watchdog engine lockup. watchdog time set at 5 minutes.

So i have been going through the station trying to figure out what is wrong. The logs show nothing happening before the engine lockup is detected. Jace has Lon and Bacnet. Both Lon networks busy time is under 20%. Bacnet busy time was 92% and I noticed that everything was polling on the fast time which was at default of 1 second. Don't know why anyone thought they needed 1 sec poll rate on VAV points in an office building. Changed tuning policy to normal polls at 15 seconds, busy time under 40% now but i don't think this is causing the problem.

The heap and other resources look fine, and after a successful reboot the CPU runs under 30%. I say after successful reboot because I have seen the jace go into a watchdog timeout right after getting booted and exceeding the timer in the log files. Again no indication of what is causing the watchdog timeout.

Anyway, to make a long post longer I am seeing the following error speeding through the application director and cannot figure out what is causing this.

com.tridium.fox.session.ServerException: javax.baja.security.PermissionException: < rwRW
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.LocalizableExceptionTranslator .messageToException(LocalizableExceptionTranslator .java:102)
    at com.tridium.fox.session.FoxSession.sendSync(FoxSes sion.java:1118)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.BFoxConnection.sendSync(BFoxCo nnection.java:521)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.BFoxChannel.sendSync(BFoxChann el.java:340)
    at com.tridium.nd.alarm.BAlarmChannel.newAlarms(BAlar mChannel.java:403)
    at com.tridium.nd.alarm.AlarmWorker.run(AlarmWorker.j ava:186)
    at com.tridium.nd.BCyclicThreadPoolWorker$Work.run(BC yclicThreadPoolWorker.java:735)
    at javax.baja.util.ThreadPoolWorker$WorkerThread.run( ThreadPoolWorker.java:279)

The fox server connection to the supervisor is fine and vice versa. Has anyone seen this error before and know what is causing it?

Thanks in advance.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    4.10 with the MS/TP fixes?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    4.10 with the MS/TP fixes?
    No, I have not moved to anything past 4.7.110.32 which is what this jace is running.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=lwarren;26037537
    com.tridium.fox.session.ServerException: javax.baja.security.PermissionException: < rwRW
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.LocalizableExceptionTranslator .messageToException(LocalizableExceptionTranslator .java:102)
    at com.tridium.fox.session.FoxSession.sendSync(FoxSes sion.java:1118)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.BFoxConnection.sendSync(BFoxCo nnection.java:521)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.BFoxChannel.sendSync(BFoxChann el.java:340)
    at com.tridium.nd.alarm.BAlarmChannel.newAlarms(BAlar mChannel.java:403)
    at com.tridium.nd.alarm.AlarmWorker.run(AlarmWorker.j ava:186)
    at com.tridium.nd.BCyclicThreadPoolWorker$Work.run(BC yclicThreadPoolWorker.java:735)
    at javax.baja.util.ThreadPoolWorker$WorkerThread.run( ThreadPoolWorker.java:279)
    .[/QUOTE]

This looks like a permissions issue with the NiagaraNetwork account - meaning when the JACE is trying to send the alarms to the supervisor, it's getting denied for not having RW rights to the alarm database. Check those permissions on the supervisor.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    This looks like a permissions issue with the NiagaraNetwork account - meaning when the JACE is trying to send the alarms to the supervisor, it's getting denied for not having RW rights to the alarm database. Check those permissions on the supervisor.
    Thanks for the response Digo, I hope all is well with you. That was one of the first things I checked when I saw the permission exception. After circling back I noticed the default BACnet user that gets created automatically was gone in the Supervisor. Once i got that back it solved the problem, but I'm not sure that is what was causing the watchdog timeout. Time will tell.
    Go Rangers!