Thread: The Ice Cream Wars Have Begun... Small company Kytch SUING Taylor & McDonald's

Post Likes

The Ice Cream Wars Have Begun... Small company Kytch SUING Taylor & McDonald's

Did a forum search and it looks like no one here is yet discussing the legal drama surrounding Taylor, McDonald's and modchip startup Kytch.

Jonny Harris investigative documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrDEtSlqJC4

Wired.com article: https://www.wired.com/story/they-hac...rted-cold-war/

Kytch website: https://kytch.com/

The proverbial dog (Taylor machine owners) has been backed into a corner for decades and finally bit. I'm not going to waste space summing up the events in this post, you can read the news yourself. To anyone who has worked on Taylor machines or dealt with them, this one is for you. It's looking like we're coming to a boiling point with the general discontent and unrest with Taylor, their temperamental machines, and their shakedown-style business practices.

I am highly in tune to these current events as I represent a brand that owns and operates seventeen C713 model soft serve machines. Everything I read in the above article and learned from Harris' hit-piece documentary perfectly reflects and sums up what I've gone through in the ever-lasting endeavor to keep these machines operating (read: Taylor are bastards).

I'd like to know the forum's thoughts. Where this is going to lead, who's going to come out on top, and what this means for the industry.

- Cal

2. Likes SandShark liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yeah, I was in the middle of watching the Harris YouTube video, so I paused it and opened another tab to check out the threads/posts here to get some inside information from actual technicians. Using the search feature, your thread was at the very top.

Going back to finish watching the video and I hope, when I check back later, there are some responses from technicians about this issue.
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

Post Likes
    I use to service 36 burger kings with different models of soft serve taylor machines. These units also had frozen coke machines (slushees). There came a point where the franchisee bought Lancer machines who also had their quirks but were more service friendly. Taylor does not like people working on their units ,It’s all top secret.

User error is to blame on most of the service calls, Taylor user manuals are very limited on what they address.
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

Post Likes
    There a simple machines that taylor puts out that are not heat treat machines.

This means the machines need to be cleaned every day,

In n out uses them along with others and they are solid machines.
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

Post Likes
    I can vouch for that because we have one of the "simple" machines and, as long as it is cleaned, lubricated properly and worn out parts are replaced, it works like a champ.

I haven't been closely following the "right-to-repair" movement, but that's where this "war" looks like it's heading.
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.