Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COPPER VS GOLD

Post Likes

COPPER VS GOLD

Just caught wind, we just paid about $260 for a 50 ft 7/8 lineset. Anybody else think it's time to call the guy handling their retirement planning to move out of the stock market and get into construction materials? Who would have thunk it.

2. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Precious metals have been on the rise for sometime now. Copper is at a 10 or 15 year high.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Yeah seriously. $280 for 50' of 1 1/8" here.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

Post Likes
    My scrap guy is paying 2.20 a lb clean!

6. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    My scrap guy is paying 2.20 a lb clean!
    What? I'm getting just under $4.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Yeah seriously. $280 for 50' of 1 1/8" here.

We always hard pipe 11/8, as it is hard to keep it round for fittings to go on. Yesterday I would not have believed that price for copper,. Everything has gone up, everything.

9. Likes BALloyd, R600a, Zamoramax, CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldscroll View Post
    We always hard pipe 11/8, as it is hard to keep it round for fittings to go on. Yesterday I would not have believed that price for copper,. Everything has gone up, everything.
    Ditto....I got fed up with the oval shaped 1 1/8" soft years ago...faster to hard pipe and weld and looks nicer.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

11. Likes ksefan, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    ALL commodities are on the rise. Good time to buy stocks in producers, especially ones the pay dividends.

Interestingly, gold and silver are much slower than the stuff to build things..
    “A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

13. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yeah if it was my house or my job I would be hard piping it but I'm just following orders this time. Personally I doubt 7/8 would have been that bad on a 5-ton but I haven't really looked at the charts to know for sure.
    I'm not looking forward to bending that because as far as I know we don't own a bender big enough.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Yeah if it was my house or my job I would be hard piping it but I'm just following orders this time. Personally I doubt 7/8 would have been that bad on a 5-ton but I haven't really looked at the charts to know for sure.
    I'm not looking forward to bending that because as far as I know we don't own a bender big enough.

On 1⅛" I cheat. I use my 1"emt bender. It has a large ish sweep but it much tighter than by hand.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

16. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    2x4s are a 1$ a foot ,price so OSB 7/16 40$ a sheet makes copper seem cheap?

Post Likes
    One of investment is my antique/street rod car on my profile/avatar picture, my 401K. I guess you can call it precious metal.

19. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolen63 View Post
    2x4s are a 1$ a foot ,price so OSB 7/16 40$ a sheet makes copper seem cheap?
    Just paid $1.11/lf for 2x4 and 55/sheet for 7/16 zip system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Master cool has a nice 1 1/8 bender

Post Likes
    #1 copper $4/lb #2 copper $3.80/lb yellow brass $2.40/lb...for scrap.

The $99 big box picnic table is $149. Yikes.
    Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

Post Likes
    Just caught wind, we just paid about $260 for a 50 ft 7/8 lineset. Anybody else think it's time to call the guy handling their retirement planning to move out of the stock market and get into construction materials? Who would have thunk it.
    just bought a 7/8 50' easy pull and it was significantly more then what you paid i must say. what a scam.

24. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The good news is you'll make a fortune selling the old scrap. I can get 50 bucks for a five a gallon bucket of piper pipe. I just took a boiler, and 2 furnaces to the scrap yard along with about 20 pounds of copper. They gave me $175 for all of it in cash

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    The good news is you'll make a fortune selling the old scrap. I can get 50 bucks for a five a gallon bucket of piper pipe. I just took a boiler, and 2 furnaces to the scrap yard along with about 20 pounds of copper. They gave me $175 for all of it in cash
    I think I scraped out 3 ac. I separated the compressor coils fan motor etc. for those and the evap got 142. I was quite surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Copper prices have been rising, and China announced in May that it cancelled some tax policies on steel. There will soon be the topic of steel vs. copper vs. gold.

29. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes
    Construction materials are not going up in price nor are precious metals. The dollar used to buy these things is moving down in value, hence more dollars needed to purchase the same products. What you need to do is move money eventually into something that is considered an asset class. When the dollar was backed by gold and silver, one could simply stuff dollars into their mattress knowing at retirement the dollars would be of the same or greater value as the USA moved from the dark ages to the industrial giant during until Roosevelt took the gold from backing our printed notes that was the case. When Nixon took the gold backing from our Treasury Bonds the world started to back away from our currency hence on the world market it has declined by about 96% in value. This can be seen in my father's era few women need to work outside the house and he with 7 children worked normal hours and 5 days a week. In my era many a wife needed to seek at least a part time job to make ends meet. In my son's era (now) all woman are expected to work outside the home. Simply the dollar's value being stolen by the government we elected to protect our assets and liberties. All political parties have failed the American people. I't been a game of back and forth for the last 100 years but in fact both entrenched parties are working toward the same goal. Robbing the public of their time and life's work by devaluing the paper used to trade time for things. Literally politicians have robbed the production of every American so they and their cronies don't have to work.
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast