Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working Johnson PCT software?

Post Likes
    Thanks for the help again bigguy.

Post Likes
    How about password setting after I add myself as a user? I can setup my account but under authentication the password part is greyed out. Am I blocked out of creating users by the company that setup the graphics?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5$$$$$ View Post
    I am switching to a new laptop and would like to have the Johnson PCT software from my current laptop. I did have a disc that was able to be used on multiple installations but I lent it to another tech that lost it apparently. Asked the vendor where I had got it and things have changed a lot. Just wondering if anyone has the files I can use to put on my new laptop and get it going?

First they said PCT software is no longer available and you need to buy CCT instead, which then need a license for each install. BTCVT which was cheap and easy to use have been discontinued for awhile, and the replacement TL map is not as good and 3 times the price. Also asked about remote programming and that can only be done by buying a site license software or the tech software for each laptop at $3000 each/laptop license renewal each year of $1500.
    All these extra costs to continue using Johnson will likely push us to remove it sooner than planned with a different brand, likely first the boilers and air handlers then all the VAVs and thermostats, re-use the wires. Doesn't seem like the best strategy to keep customers.
    That pricing seems kinda odd. i have several laptops and i have CCT14. it was hundreds not thousands to get it per laptop with both FX and Metasys files. I cant even get PCG/PCV series controllers anymore. the new CV/CG series from FX is what i am getting. with the firmware in those you wouldn't even be able to use the Bluetooth with PCT 10.2. Yeah the MAP tool sucks worse than the Bluetooth but it's not that bad either since i can program the controllers with CCT and let the balancer use the MAP with it's internal commissioning software.

did you get PCT 10.2 or 10.3 yet? it's a large file if i remember correctly.

Post Likes
    The Johnson vendor/installer we deal with for a lot of parts so they give us decent pricing. My price was in CND and didn't get anything in writing. We just have PCGs installed on sites built a few years ago that need to be maintained and I am just trying to get the most value and usefulness out of the systems, not doing installations of this brand and we likely won't be getting anymore. They were likely the lowest bidder or had the best sales pitch at one time but used canned programs with little customization to the site and no support. I got a metasys operator course that didn't help me at all. When I asked for a tech course they first said no demand and later said there was demand for another 3k which my foreman at the time wasn't interested in spending on.

Post Likes
    Sorry got sidetracked. I have PCT 10.3 installed and a BTCVT on one laptop and another tech has the PCT disc. So I won't be installing the new lineup. Probably the better choice would be buy the CC-BAS router and learn how to set it up. Likely don't need CCT for out use at the 5 sites

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12