Thread: Refrigerant slide

Post Likes

Refrigerant slide

I was at training awhile back and they showed us a r22 slide where you took dry bulb and wet bulb and then matched on the slide and it would show the superheat/subcool you should be at....but I've had a heck of a time trying to find that for other refrigerants. Anyone know who makes them?

Post Likes
    there becoming rare due to digital gauges I believe
    RTB Mechanical
    734-315-0064
    http://rtbmechanical.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mathias View Post
    I was at training awhile back and they showed us a r22 slide where you took dry bulb and wet bulb and then matched on the slide and it would show the superheat/subcool you should be at....but I've had a heck of a time trying to find that for other refrigerants. Anyone know who makes them?
    Wouldn't that be the same for any refrigerant? I actually still use my Bacarach Sling Psychrometer with the little sock on the literal wet bulb.

Mostly in grocery stores with humidity issues.

But I remember using it for charging AC systems but it's been forever.

But with all the different refrigerants I work with now, superheat and subcooling is the same across the board.

As an example, copeland doesn't list superheat at the compressor for different refrigerants, just states a minimum of 20deg.

So, if you needed a set superheat and subcooling for R22, would it not be the same for R410 or 407c, just different pressures?

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

I can't fix it if it won't stay broke..

4. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Is "supercool slide rule" what you were looking for?

Post Likes
    well hell I didnt even realize that had that on there I use mine for ductulating
    RTB Mechanical
    734-315-0064
    http://rtbmechanical.com

8. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mathias View Post
    Carrier had one. I used it for years. They and other mfgs also have charts that work well. There are slight differences for the same conditions between mfgs.

Post Likes
    I don't think there has ever been one that showed you where the subcool should be at. They've had the slider for required superheat with your IWB & ODB but they would only tell you what your subcooling is at the liquid pressure & temp reading. You either had to know what subcool the manufacturer called for or just guess. They were great in their day but I'm sure there are free apps where you can get required superheat so there really is no more need for those slide calculators any more.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I don't think there has ever been one that showed you where the subcool should be at. They've had the slider for required superheat with your IWB & ODB but they would only tell you what your subcooling is at the liquid pressure & temp reading. You either had to know what subcool the manufacturer called for or just guess. They were great in their day but I'm sure there are free apps where you can get required superheat so there really is no more need for those slide calculators any more.
    They also have a Supercool slide rule App too