Thread: Favourite wireless probes? UEI?

Post Likes

Favourite wireless probes? UEI?

I can get a really good deal on the UEI HUB6 and I like that they already have a tee so I can basically replace my gauges with them. I also don't mind the wired temp probes even though some people don't like them. Just want to know if anybody has used them? My other options are the Testos for $200 more us the purchase of tees for each side or $300 more for fieldpiece plus the purchase of tees. UEI is looking very promising to me but I was hoping to hear from guys with field experience using them. Each brand has mixed reviews online so I'm trying not to go off those.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Legend View Post
    I can get a really good deal on the UEI HUB6 and I like that they already have a tee so I can basically replace my gauges with them. I also don't mind the wired temp probes even though some people don't like them. Just want to know if anybody has used them? My other options are the Testos for $200 more us the purchase of tees for each side or $300 more for fieldpiece plus the purchase of tees. UEI is looking very promising to me but I was hoping to hear from guys with field experience using them. Each brand has mixed reviews online so I'm trying not to go off those.

ALSO, does it work with meassurequick?

Post Likes
    If the price is right and it sounds like it is just get em and give it a shot. Use em and find out what you like and dislike, then when you get ready to replace them your armed with a lot more info to help you make a better decision when its time. Sounds to me like they are priced low enough that even if you hate them, you dont have a lot tied up in it, and you could probably sell them and get the majority of you money back. Let us know if ya get em and how ya like em. I just bought the fp proves a little over 2 weeks ago and have loved them so much that I bought the wireless manometer kit as well but havent gotten a chance to use them yet.

Post Likes

Testo

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Legend View Post
    I use the Testo smart probes. They work great and no wires to break. I used fieldpiece wired temperature probes and the wires always break. The only downside of Testo is that their support is almost zero. The sales rep is a putz

Post Likes
    I have the Fieldpiece probes. They've been very reliable.
    I have not used the Testo probes but HVAC School podcast reviewed gen1 and gen 2 probes and said the range on them is poor compared to Fieldpiece.

As for UEI, I consider their stuff cheaply built. Plus, as I understand it, UEI took the DigiCool design and marketed their own product, essentially cutting the designer out of the business.
    I'm sure someone with more information can correct me if I'm wrong.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Site member map HERE!

Post Likes
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Those look similar to something Ive seen before. Maybe the Hub 6 or first version of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Also wonder if its non SAE measurements only.

Post Likes
    According to the tech specs, will read "psi, MPa, kPa, bar, Foot of head" and the temp probes "C, F, K"
    I like the included charging port...but I currently use Testo Probes with the measure quick App

Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Also wonder if its non SAE measurements only.

Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Artietech View Post
    According to the tech specs, will read "psi, MPa, kPa, bar, Foot of head" and the temp probes "C, F, K"
    I like the included charging port...but I currently use Testo Probes with the measure quick App
    The price is certainly right

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Artietech View Post
    Figured it out. Yellow Jacket has some probes that look like them.