Thread: this dude hacked this install so bad

Post Likes

this dude hacked this install so bad

i proposed to tear every bit out and start over.. note the bosch was installed by us later... when HO saw our work they realized that guy screwed them bad. ive been on site 4 days making it right.. all new electrical, piping..etc etc.. line hide lol..
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Say "I just need a little Freon" one more time!

Post Likes
    Do I see an oil line going to an underground tank?
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    Do I see an oil line going to an underground tank?
    It's propane line going to back yard tank.. gas logs and range

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    It's ugly. That's for sure. But I think this one is still the worst
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Here's where I'm at now.. still have not figured out what to do with the below snow line drier term (behind the bosch).. bossman says he can order an exterior lint trap box and we will lift it 6 inches and patch the jacklegs hole.. no other place for dryer.. client already 1000s deep in remodeling specifically for the washer and drier to go where they are on other side of wall..

Post Likes
    I just started installing those Bosch/Media inverter heat pumps. Really nice stuff

7. Likes HVACmedic911 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    I just started installing those Bosch/Media inverter heat pumps. Really nice stuff
    I've been installing and servicing them since Feb '17.. absolutely love them! Not a big fan that they switched compressor manufacturers recently with the IDS 2.0 series HPs. They were using. MITZ comp but now some off brand crap that's operating at a higher decibal than the old ones.. still great machine either way. I have one to install at my house but haven't got around to it. I'm currently on a Trane AC and 90+ furnace with hz332 board and 2 zones. Wan a switch to the bosch hp with the 432 panel and create a third zone.

Post Likes
    Maybe use a run of that line-hide to re-vent the drier around that far corner ?

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HVACmedic911 View Post
    i proposed to tear every bit out and start over.. note the bosch was installed by us later... when HO saw our work they realized that guy screwed them bad. ive been on site 4 days making it right.. all new electrical, piping..etc etc.. line hide lol..
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of Thinking

10. Likes HVACmedic911, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Maybe use a run of that line-hide to re-vent the drier around that far corner ?

PHM
    ----------
    i have not seen drier vent running outside a building but i sure am tempted to try something like that.. beats having it blowing anywhere near the bosch as the coated coils will not withstand harsh chemical baths..

12. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Was that a outdoor and indoor unit mounted inside right next to each other?

Did they sell it as a dehumidifier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Was that a outdoor and indoor unit mounted inside right next to each other?

Did they sell it as a dehumidifier?

I know someone who installed two 9,000 btu mini splits in a basement for dehumidification. They set one to heat and one to cool and they were just so proud of it. I was just thinking to myself about how much cheaper and more efficient a dehumidifier would be.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk

15. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Why do they have so many systems?

What does the bosch do if they also have another single zone mini, and another 4? Zone mini split.

17. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACmedic911 View Post
    i have not seen drier vent running outside a building but i sure am tempted to try something like that.. beats having it blowing anywhere near the bosch as the coated coils will not withstand harsh chemical baths..
    I wouldn't worry about it. My dryer's been blowing on my rheem for over 10 yrs. Never had a problem. Doesn't even get lint in the coil. Since all the newer dryers nowadays use a fine mesh lint filter.

19. Likes HVACmedic911 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. My dryer's been blowing on my rheem for over 10 yrs. Never had a problem. Doesn't even get lint in the coil. Since all the newer dryers nowadays use a fine mesh lint filter.
    You must be the only person who actually cleans the screen or something.
    I have never seen one that didn't cause problems.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Why do they have so many systems?

What does the bosch do if they also have another single zone mini, and another 4? Zone mini split.

the 4 minis are for the finished basement. the bosch does the upper/main level of the home.. its a huge house.. there is likely too much on the lower level but i can't do anything about that. the single mini does one BR on the LL near the laundry. the gree 3 on 1 on the opposite side of home for a large gaming room (18k) and 2 BRs (9k ea) the bosch is a 2 - 3 ton, being variable capacity as well it ramps down as low as 1.3 ton and as high as 3.2 ton (its late my math is not good lol.. it goes from 40-110 % capacity)..
    i do not know if Gree has 6k units.. but thats prob what each BR needed. the client bought the equiptment and paid the jackleg to put it in.. he sold them the ductless aire unit likely because he couldn't figure out how to get the lineset to the other side of the house.. 4 minis and 1 ducted HP

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    You must be the only person who actually cleans the screen or something.
    I have never seen one that didn't cause problems.

My trane used to get clogged with lint. But, i had a old school dryer with the lint filter that pulled out on top of the cabinet. The new ones are in the drum area of the dryer and haven't had a issue. But, yeah we clean it after every load. Like your supposed too.

23. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    My trane used to get clogged with lint. But, i had a old school dryer with the lint filter that pulled out on top of the cabinet. The new ones are in the drum area of the dryer and haven't had a issue. But, yeah we clean it after every load. Like your supposed too.
    I'm sure my customers don't clean it as often as they claim and on top of that they have crappy dryers but I work on a lot of those modern dryers and I still get a lot of lint through the screen because I still have to clean it out of the pipe and the blower wheel.
    Have to say I do have to say though nothing beats a trane for handling a little lint and dirt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    I'm sure my customers don't clean it as often as they claim and on top of that they have crappy dryers but I work on a lot of those modern dryers and I still get a lot of lint through the screen because I still have to clean it out of the pipe and the blower wheel.
    Have to say I do have to say though nothing beats a trane for handling a little lint and dirt.

I used light up my benzo torch to take of the lint on my spiny fin trane. It was a pain. I ended up just throwing a piece of plywood over the vent so all the lint would collect under it instead of being sucked into my unit. I think i posted a pic of it in "wall of shame" years ago. Home builder was stupid.

26. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I thought about building a metal box for the lint to collect in outside but sounds sketchy to me.. idk what to do. Anyone know the skinny on NC mechanical code for this issue?