+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sanidry Cx Dehumidifier Auto Fan not working

Post Likes

Sanidry Cx Dehumidifier Auto Fan not working

I got a warning that the humidity in my crawl space was over limit...I went in the crawl space and could hear the compressor cycling but just coming on for a min or two and then off. The fan was set to Auto mode (on with compressor) but was never coming on. When i switched the fan to always on, the fan runs...the compressor stays on and the crawlspace properly dehumidifies as it should. So for now i have left the fan on. The folks that installed the unit back in 2015 no longer support it and i can seem to find someone local (lynchburg va) so far. It seens it could only be the control PBC or the switch....before i open the unit and check the switch and output of the board i wanted to know if there is anything else i should check?

Is there any way to get parts for this if i cant find a local firm?

Thanks
    Peter

Post Likes
    Well it was a rainy day so i went back in and opened it up. It seems the main board is shot. The blue wire that controls the auto fan is connected to a relay on the main board...the relay and surrounding area of the PCB is burned..... The signal never goes turns the fan on. So now just the problem of getting someone to swap it or being able to find a part. Any suggestions on where i can get a part for this unit?

Post Likes
    Does it say where the unit was made? Therma-Stor made these units 10 years ago. No boards in them back then that I know about. Running the fan "on" should not be a problem. Sanidry imported from China after that. You may try Badger Systems for more info on parts.

Also the fan could be wired with compressor circuit.

Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in