Thread: N4 Niagara File Location

Post Likes

N4 Niagara File Location

One site , most files and apps were unintentionally spread and misplaced all over the PC.
    Typed in "work bench" in search ,and was able to find and start the N4 Workbench app.
    Normally , where does N4 store
    N4 WEBS and N4 Console ?
    is it possible to run the N4 console from the Windows Command prompt?

Post Likes
    I knew a guy that used to install workbench in a nondefault location... thinking he was being clever and hiding it from others.... it holds you up for 5 min, then it is meaningless.
    C:/Niagara
    Or C:/Honeywell for Webs. That is the default location.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    C:/Honeywell for Webs. There are many folders there. Did not find any with an .exe extension
    Incidently , Numbawnfela, your replies are always very informative.

Post Likes
    Thanks buddy!
    I would install workbench over again, so it is all in the right place. Then all you need is to move the license and station from wherever they are to where they need to be. The license you can often get online... so that even is a non issue.
    Then you only have 2 things to hunt around for.
    Then you can uninstall the other installation to clean up the mess.
    At the very least, the new install will give you a template of the proper folder structure.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by techservices View Post
    One site , most files and apps were unintentionally spread and misplaced all over the PC.
    Typed in "work bench" in search ,and was able to find and start the N4 Workbench app.
    N4 WEBS and N4 Console ?
    C:/honeywell/version/bin folder you will find the console. First command plat installdaemon enter. You'll get niagara service successfully installed and started. Then type wb enter. This will launch your workbench. Not really what I think your getting at from a windows command prompt, because your drilling down in your install path to the bin folder, and if your install scrambled up from the default then uninstall and re-install is the correct method like stated. If workbench fails to start by something like the switcher tool, I always run from the console it spits out good info on what's up.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the better specifics, Norriski. I was not gonna open up my work laptop to confirm the path on a weekend....
    I luv ya, techservice... but I am not gonna do it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    Thanks for the better specifics, Norriski. I was not gonna open up my work laptop to confirm the path on a weekend....
    I luv ya, techservice... but I am not gonna do it.
    Yeah I was checking on a chiller I've been having issues with, so I was on the work laptop. Not getting paid for my work is one of my specialties.

8. Likes bigguy158 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by techservices View Post
    N4 WEBS and N4 Console ?

Files are spread amongst the C:\brand\version installation directory (the location of what you are looking for), C:Users\user name\Version directory and C:\program data\version for each installation. Now there is a daemon and a workbench home, plus the main installation directory. They decided to spread it across multiple locations for security reason in N4. Usually if I cant find where someone installed it to I will search wb.exe. Windows console would only work if you know the exact installation directory.

If a start menu shortcut was created during the installation you can open the console below the version you want to start in the start menu and enter the commands Norriski Tech stated as well.

Post Likes
    Hey thats my line!