+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BAS Reliable System Question

Post Likes

BAS Reliable System Question

Dear Sir/Ladies,
    I have taken over a bldg that has Reliable Controls. I am receiving some information that is confusing due that their system color codes point types.

1-What kind of points are green.
    I am assuming the green is control points such as AO-Analog Outputs, Digital Outputs, and Multi state Outputs ?

2-Would the green points also signify such points as AI-Analog Inputs, Digital Inputs and Multi-state Inputs.

3-On a graphic what kind of points are yellow?

Best Regards,
    Robert

Post Likes
    Is it possible the green is just an indication of active points that are reliable and yellow being points that are off line and unreliable?
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    I am not familiar with reliable controls but I do not believe thats the case.

I believe yellow may be virtual pts and/or read only. Just trying to confirm.

Post Likes
    Might want to start with which version of studio your working with. There was a lot of changes between v2 & v3. For all I know they could be on v4 by now. Think they even have a hosted version.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Hi,
    Its version 2.15. Thank you

Post Likes
    Version 2 had no standards on graphics, whatever the programmer wanted to do in graphics. Program was monochrome. Controllers in the Pro series have green LED on inputs and red on outputs.

kontrol out

Post Likes
    I think op is talking about just the points on the graphics.
    The color of those points is entirely dependent on the programmer/graphics guy's decision that made your graphics.
    They could have decided to use green for hardware points and yellow for setpoints, etc.
    If you click on each point type and see what it is then it should give you an idea of what pattern they were thinking. And hopefully they stayed consistent throughout the graphics.
    reliable does not enforce any color methodology, it is up to the programmer/graphics guy.

Post Likes
    The green and the yellow points currently all show either AV or BV points. I see no points that reflect they are inputs or outputs?

Post Likes
    don't get stuck on the colors, unless the original programmer trained you or told you what he was going for then you can only guess.
    aren't the points names or the graphic text labels give you a clear idea of what they do? They should if the programmer/graphic designer did a decent job.

Post Likes
    Sounds like you are just looking at graphics and as others said they are graphics programmer choice. You should be able to hover over to see the point tag which will indicate if it is a variable or input, etc. RC studio is what I am used to using and mainly let the building user or operator use the graphics as it just shows some of what is happening. Reliable is pretty good about support if you contact them and a vendor might sell you a copy of studio and a license key.

Post Likes
    Sorry by graphics I mean RC WebView. I am not sure which version of WebView we are using, I use RC studio 2.# but 3.0 is available.

Post Likes
    I am using RC studio 2.1.88 and RC WebView 3.1.82 I believe. We haven't updated our RC studio for awhile on some computers. You can register on their site and get some information or support.

Post Likes
    Thank you

Post Likes
    Thank you. <per site rules no password to be published on the open side of the forum>.

Thanks
    Last edited by kontrolphreak; 04-19-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Post Likes
    I think if you contact reliable or register on the website and explain that you are maintaining a customers site they will help you out. You have to apply to join their site with your situation. The alternative is contact the nearest vendor company. Any dealings I have had with either they have been helpful. To really do anything with the system or see what they are doing in the programs you will need RC studio.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in