Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Ikeler" home. Flat, foam roof with cassettes. MXZ

Post Likes
    No complaints yet? It's 91* here today. Normally starts getting crazy around 98* and up.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    No complaints yet? It's 91* here today. Normally starts getting crazy around 98* and up.

Not yet. But I will only hear about it when he's willing to let me know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I was just at a new construction retirement home and they used that white junk insulation copper linesets on all the daikin units...thatís going to be a lot of demo work in a few short years of a4 story building..the copper is already showing signs of early green death...the main run is 210í of 7/8 and 3/8...some of it was literally stuck to the copper and thatís not a good sign...

5. Likes R600a, Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited1 View Post
    I was just at a new construction retirement home and they used that white junk insulation copper linesets on all the daikin units...thatís going to be a lot of demo work in a few short years of a4 story building..the copper is already showing signs of early green death...the main run is 210í of 7/8 and 3/8...some of it was literally stuck to the copper and thatís not a good sign...
    Can you give a good description of what it looks like and possibly the stages? Seems like you've seen it enough to be able to tell and I would love to be able to say, HA! Next it will do/look like this. So I can have the ammo to say no more to the supply houses.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    Can you give a good description of what it looks like and possibly the stages? Seems like you've seen it enough to be able to tell and I would love to be able to say, HA! Next it will do/look like this. So I can have the ammo to say no more to the supply houses.

I’m sure to go back there again and I will take the pictures of the foam particles sticking to the copper lineset with the green spots and send them to you....it almost like the foam tried to self bond with the copper..

I will also add that this is a heat pump inverter unit....I’m almost beginning to think the bonding happened when it was in heat mode and the foam is not resistant enough to the heat so maybe it chemically breaks down and sticks that way...

I’m going to speak to Daikin about it...see what they say..I’m sure someone must know something by now...

Im concerned anyway as a lot of the long lineset recommendations was not followed
    https://www.daikinac.com/content/ass...SC/TP-108A.pdf
    Last edited by Unlimited1; 05-13-2021 at 11:40 PM.

8. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Iím sure to go back there again and I will take the pictures of the foam particles sticking to the copper lineset with the green spots and send them to you....it almost like the foam tried to self bond with the copper..

I will also add that this is a heat pump inverter unit....Iím almost beginning to think the bonding happened when it was in heat mode and the foam is not resistant to the heat so it breaks down and sticks that way...

Iím going to speak to Daikin about it...see what they say..
    I have about 250' that I just pulled off a job like that. I figured it was because it was another "Ikeler" house and the original Hack used oatey rubber roof jacks on a flat roof and set the linesets on 2x4 5'-6' on center. Basically it was laying on the roof and water was running into the house. The insulation had disappeared in most areas due to the sun and birds.. anyways we got rid of as much as we could but they did buried connections in the wall and the H/O didn't want to go that far into it. So I built roof jacks and cleaned it up as best as we could. The system probably won't survive another 3 years based on the acid smell. She's a gettin close to death...

10. Likes Unlimited1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Iím sure to go back there again and I will take the pictures of the foam particles sticking to the copper lineset with the green spots and send them to you....it almost like the foam tried to self bond with the copper..

I will also add that this is a heat pump inverter unit....Iím almost beginning to think the bonding happened when it was in heat mode and the foam is not resistant enough to the heat so maybe it chemically breaks down and sticks that way...

Iím going to speak to Daikin about it...see what they say..Iím sure someone must know something by now...

Im concerned anyway as a lot of the long lineset recommendations was not followed
    https://www.daikinac.com/content/ass...SC/TP-108A.pdf
    Green spots don't mean much. The Mueller line sets that haven't had any issues have green spots on them.

They also melt to linesets.

However. Green spots on certain line sets I'd be quite worried.

Iso-polar
    Iso-pure
    Iso-clima
    Iso-climate

12. Likes Unlimited1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phVmFEq_WmI&t=80s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfZBo6phxZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cItfIaW6d8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkEPpo38Vp4&t=71s

14. Likes Unlimited1 liked this post.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123