Thread: Concord furnace and a/c?

Oakland Township, Michigan, United States
    Post Likes

Confused Concord furnace and a/c?

Used to buy Janitrol for own house -generic parts unlike Lennox others. Changed to Goodman. Now Goodman prices went way up so looking at Concord- heard made by Lennox--not interested in $ dollar control boards ---buddy says they are not good . What is the consensus on the low priced Concord condensing furnaces and 13 seer a/c? 5 ton package about $ less than Goodman. Also been away from installing since change to 410-same buddy says he just pays $ for someone to charge his installs ..says gauges super expensive etc. ? Kinda scared me -don't want junk and something hard to work on get parts...Thanks
    Last edited by beenthere; 04-07-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Post Likes
    Don’t want junk then get a qualified contractor to install it!

You’ve haven’t installed for 15 - 20 years?

Post Likes
    Same as Lennox Merit. Made in Mexico. I like it better than Goodman. Sounds like someone you don't want installing your A/C.

4. Likes Birmingplumb liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Don’t want junk then get a qualified contractor to install it!

You’ve haven’t installed for 15 - 20 years?
    You really had to search for a negative feature of my post? You make me seem unwelcome here and I am licensed. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. I never said I was going to install the furnace myself. I only asked if Concord was recommended here.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Birmingplumb View Post
    You really had to search for a negative feature of my post? You make me seem unwelcome here and I am licensed. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. I never said I was going to install the furnace myself. I only asked if Concord was recommended here.
    Your listed as a contractor yet haven’t installed equipment for the better part of 20 years.

The contractor makes or breaks the operation, longevity of the System!

Paying someone X Bills to charge it is a hack job.

Post Likes
    I have installed equipment in the past 3 years, my network (union) has people that do space shots, I am a nuclear welder with both hands certified - there is no reason to assume I am a "hack" and I think you are in need of some kind of therapy based on your hatred. I am U.A 50 year member and u? p.s I have reported both of your posts and I think you are 100% wrong for the attack and I hope the moderators see it with clear vision after reading the thread. You sir do not belong here IMO.
    Last edited by Birmingplumb; 04-07-2021 at 05:43 PM. Reason: rudeness-attack-for no reason

Post Likes
    Local 638 NYC
    Retired

Post Likes
    It’s not an attack. You stated getting someone to charge them for X$’s not me.
    You stated you haven’t felt with installs since R-410A came into play.

BTW
    Pricing is not allowed!

Post Likes
    I gave you electric in NY Oswego Nuke back in the 80's---why? you guys needed travelers to do your welding for you ......so lets quit throwing stones at each other
    brother. Plumbers 98 Motown peace out

Post Likes
    I've been selling/installing Ducane/Concord for probably over 20 years. Only problem I've had was several years ago with pressure switches. They are the same furnace, different name tag. I've never had any problem with any warranty parts (the switches, one gas valve and a couple boards). They are made by Allied and tech support has been great the few times I've been stumped. Just my 2 cents worth. John

12. Likes Birmingplumb liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnerjohn View Post
    I've been selling/installing Ducane/Concord for probably over 20 years. Only problem I've had was several years ago with pressure switches. They are the same furnace, different name tag. I've never had any problem with any warranty parts (the switches, one gas valve and a couple boards). They are made by Allied and tech support has been great the few times I've been stumped. Just my 2 cents worth. John
    Thanks for confirming my gut feeling. That was the answer I knew would come -wished it was the first so I could have avoided the other .