Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Easter Brisket.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sea to Sky
    Posts
    4,748
    Post Likes

    Easter Brisket.

    Made my first brisket today. Caught me off guard as it end up finishing a couple hours earlier than I expected, but it pulls apart easily and is damn tasty, so for my first shot I will call it a win.

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    12,686
    Post Likes
    The host of the gathering I'm going to is smoking a ham and a brisket.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

  3. Likes crazzycajun liked this post.
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca
    Posts
    1,136
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Made my first brisket today. Caught me off guard as it end up finishing a couple hours earlier than I expected, but it pulls apart easily and is damn tasty, so for my first shot I will call it a win.

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    That looks good. Just separate the 2 muscles and serve the upper. The lower is juicier and tastier. They are called the point and the shelf but I forget which is which. Good on ya though bro.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sea to Sky
    Posts
    4,748
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    That looks good. Just separate the 2 muscles and serve the upper. The lower is juicier and tastier. They are called the point and the shelf but I forget which is which. Good on ya though bro.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Lol...I watched something like 3 hours of videos last night on how to prep and cook it properly.

    The side to the to the left in the picture is the flat....that part runs under the top part on the right aka the point. The flat is supposed to be leaner and the point has that fat seam between the muscles as you mentioned. Apparently the point is separated to make burnt ends.

    Just happy it turned out. A lot of what I watched mentioned brisket can be tricky and is easy to under or over cook.

    The bark came out decent. I used butcher paper for the last part of the cook. Might see if I can get more bark next time as I like it that way.

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  6. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sea to Sky
    Posts
    4,748
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    The host of the gathering I'm going to is smoking a ham and a brisket.
    I have a small turkey breast to smoke tomorrow that has been in a brine for two days.

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  8. Likes 2sac, Zamoramax liked this post.
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    12,686
    Post Likes
    Had smoked ham and the brisket he made was not smoked, he made a brisket pot roast in the crock pot. It was very good but I was up all night with heartburn.

    How did the turkey go over?
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sea to Sky
    Posts
    4,748
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Had smoked ham and the brisket he made was not smoked, he made a brisket pot roast in the crock pot. It was very good but I was up all night with heartburn.

    How did the turkey go over?
    Cooking the turkey today now. Ate brisket for dinner again last night.

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    13,739
    Post Likes
    I didn't do anything that ambitious, I cooked bacon on the smoker for Easter brunch. It tasted wonderful and had a great texture between crispy and floppy greasy. The thing that got me was it took about an hour for a 1 lb pan at 400 degrees but what I read about it said about 20 minutes.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    12,686
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I didn't do anything that ambitious, I cooked bacon on the smoker for Easter brunch. It tasted wonderful and had a great texture between crispy and floppy greasy. The thing that got me was it took about an hour for a 1 lb pan at 400 degrees but what I read about it said about 20 minutes.
    I've heard of ordering crispy bacon. Not floppy...

    "Squuuze me, can you make my bacon floppy?"
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    13,739
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I've heard of ordering crispy bacon. Not floppy...

    "Squuuze me, can you make my bacon floppy?"
    Well you know you over cook bacon and it gets stiff and crumbles when you bite it, or it’s under cooked and it’s limp and greasy but you cook it just right and it’s firm yet doesn’t break apart when you bite it.

    Reminds me of when I was in trade school. We took a field trip, stopped at a truck stop for lunch. One of the guys ordered a BLT then said and burn the bacon. Waitress said you want it crispy , he said no I want it burnt. That’s how he got it too.

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    12,686
    Post Likes
    Bacon is not always as it seems. Has to have the perfect combination of fat and meat. Too much fat or too much lean and it's difficult to get the perfect strip.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sea to Sky
    Posts
    4,748
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Turkey was excellent. Brined and smoked was a great combo.

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  16. Likes Zamoramax, 2sac liked this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •