+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Captive Aire MUA ECM motor

Post Likes

Captive Aire MUA ECM motor

I have a new MUA that has been sitting in the shop for 3 years now. We were going to use it on a jobsite years back and we no longer needed it. I was going to use it in our shop, but it has a ECM motor and I don’t have a speed controller. I applied 208 1 phase power but it does not run because I need a signal to the motor. Is there a way I can run the motor with a 9 volt battery DC? Or do I need a 0-10 volt signal? Or is there a way I can apply line voltage and get it to run full speed?

Post Likes
    You can use a Supco Universal ECM Tester. The SKU for it is ECMPRO. Just need 24v to power it and it acts like a speed controller at 100%.

... sitting in the Hollywood Hawaiian Hotel, listening to the air conditioner hum
    Post Likes
    No reason a 9 volt shouldn't work on most any 0-10 or 2-10 input, I use them to test actuators occasionally. Just wont go to full speed, that's all.

Probably wouldn't last too long, though.

Try it to make sure the thing works, then you can use some other sort of supply, like a wall wart or something permanently.

The great professors of the art are not immune from the malignancy of matter and the eternal cussedness of inanimate objects.

Post Likes
    What is the job number?
    "Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort. The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" --- John Ruskin

Post Likes
    There’s never a follow up with OP
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

6. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    If we get a job number that would help. In most case Captiveaire can provide a speed controller that will hook up to motor with a transformer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in