Thread: Thermostat Issue

Post Likes

Thermostat Issue

Maybe someone can help me with this strange problem at least for me anyway. Customer replaced his thermostat. I Checked all the wiring and he showed me a picture of the previous wiring and it was correct. When I turn the heat on the fuses now pops checked continuity on all thermostat wires and didn’t find anything. I removed the jumper from R and RC and the heat turned on and fuse stopped popping obviously the AC dosent work now. The old thermostat had a jumper and as far as I can tell the wires weren’t moved. The Y wire was spliced in the ceiling and one end runs outside and the other goes to C on the board. Why does it work all of a sudden when I take the jumper out. I could not find any short and stupid of me I didn’t try and by pass the thermostat.

Post Likes
    If RC caused the short, which circuit is that controlling? Start there.
    Also, sometimes the C wire is on the wrong terminal.
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Thank you RC goes to AC so apparently the Y wire was switched to C.

Post Likes
    Get your self a 3 amp re-setable fuse poper for testing!

Post Likes
    C wire issue.

Post Likes
    The thermostats discussed in this forum are basically North American standards. In fact, there are many corresponding videos on Youtube for such things. XXXXXXX
    Last edited by Dad; 05-09-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca CN View Post
    The thermostats discussed in this forum are basically North American standards. In fact, there are many corresponding videos on Youtube for such things. XXXXXXX

Links taking members outside of this site are risky due to the amount of Spam we get. You are new here and welcome. Please be aware of the site rules as we are a bit different than most sites. Thx.

Link removed

Post Likes
    Owner changed the tsat for a reason. I hate when they mess with stuff, then say it worked before. Could be a shorted wire, could be a wire landed wrong, could be one tstat wire into a different tstat wire half way through the attic that is wired wrong, could be a ton of things. Verify your wiring, and like someone else mentioned before, a 3 amp resettable fuse is a great tool for tracking down 24v shorts.