+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Core tools

Post Likes

Core tools

Appion user for years, tried Accutools and love their other evac tools but the core tools seem to intermittently leak from the ball valve stem. Loosing faith in the core tools quickly and trying to find a suitable replacement.

Money being no object, has anyone actually found a great core tool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I have used Appion, C&D, Accutools tools and JB industries
    And I think they all worked fine for pressure but only the Appion sealed reliably under vacuum. I really like the JB industries one because the handle was a lot bigger and it worked great but I don't know how well it sealed under vacuum because I didn't have a reliable vacuum gauge before I quit using it.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

3. Likes JayMan7 liked this post.
    Hurst11 is offline Professional Member/Membership Committee
    Post Likes
    I’ve used c&d and appion. Prefer the appion but I have a horrible problem of wanting to screw things on tight and that not what you wanna do with core removers. I guess it compresses the seal too much and can leak and makes it hard for me to get a core out while under pressure.

5. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Appions have worked far better than any other brand I have tried as far as core tools go. The newest ones even have a magnet on the back for the core removal stem.

7. Likes R600a, MT1, dieseldude liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Appions have worked far better than any other brand I have tried as far as core tools go. The newest ones even have a magnet on the back for the core removal stem.
    I like that future because I can leave the core clipped into the shaft and stick it to the side of the unit until I need it.

Sent from the Okie state usin Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    I used a Yellow Jacket or JB VCRT once on an Air-Cooled Chiller, the tool came apart and only the 1/4” knurled nut stayed on the chiller. Good thing I was only about 20 lbs or so into charging.
    On-the-other-hand, Appion VCRT’s are great tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    theres are no truly better options , sad but i use appion as well and they dont get through a season without being the weak point in the Vac process..the tools are hard to rebuild and are never the same..they wont admit it because they are deemed the best but i can only pull a great vac for 10-15 jobs and then bam have issues, its always the Core tool..has serious issues with seals not holding up..

it will be nice if they come up with better tool, always room for improvement.. yes i use Nylog two core tools a single large charging hose e cte doesnt help , tried not over tightening etc..

they can add magnets and make them look great,, not help the longevity of the seals that are extremely tough to change out..not field quick type of swap./.leaves you stuck with questioning your vac add to it these are very expensive..410A eats seals its fact it ruins stuff prematurely and manufacturers need to adjust, not on our dime..

Post Likes
    Appions have always worked well for me. They won’t take a core out if they’re screwed on too tight, but other than that they’re pretty good! I also really like the new design on the tip for grabbing the core.
    "I think Quantum tunneling would work great... "

"Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    After I learned not to tighten the Appions too tight, I've not had a single problem with them. I also have an older C&D and I gotta say it holds vacuum as good as the Appions I have. I've not used much else, except I do have another one, and for the life of me can't remember the manufacturer, and it works ok too, but I've never used it to vacuum a system, only to replace cores.

13. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    i have YJ and never had a problem

Post Likes
    I have both appion and yj core tools. The appion is always in my pocket beside the service wrench and nylog.
    The yj sits in the toolbag.

16. Likes R600a, acguytx liked this post.
    Post Likes
    C/D most of the time for cost and appion for vacuum, c/d do well for vacuum also though
    Yellowjacket has been the least best

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in