+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Novar lingo se

Post Likes

Novar lingo se

Is there anyway to format a lingo se v60.84 back to factory defaults. I got 2 units from eBay but when I try to communicate with ess32 it says wrong password. I’m using the password in my ess system. The password that are in the unit that I have found are 1111. 2222. 1212. They are low level passwords. I can’t format the unit and install my files. Any common passwords. So far I have tried passwords 0000 thru 5200

Post Likes
    Think there is a way if it has a touchscreen.

I just crack them open, pull the CF card. Format it and stick it back in and it will be reset.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    I did try and format the card but the unit would not boot up. Files SL_DATA and VER.GOOD are needed for the unit to boot up.

Post Likes
    You got bigger problems then. It has ROMs that contain whatever version of firmware it shipped with to boot up to system check.

The CF card wiped clean, it will still boot to a point you can version / system download it. It checks the CF card for a version file and if that fails it resorts to its ROMs. The existing system files you can import into ESS would also be on there before you format it. Sometimes that's of value, but if its a used unit you just want to blow away, garbage.

If its not booting after a format, the ROMs are shot or it has other issues. I might have replacement ROMs for an SE, shoot me a PM if you want to try and swap them out. At this point, I would prob shoot that turd back to the ebay seller.

Post Likes
    Thank for the help everyone and Orion. Were can I get the DLF(ESS32 download files) for the a lingo se (load version). I have lingo2.ovl and ESS is telling me it is not correct. Are there any more manuals for the lingo se. I have lingo se touchscreen and web browser user guide. (programing and setup) maybe

Post Likes
    You need someone that has files from the 90s that long ago lost support. Will shoot them over later today.

Far as manuals, the ESS programming manual is about the best your going to get. I don't think they ever had specific manuals for the head end panels as they are all more of the same. Should be able to dig that up as well. That system was never really documented well and mainly relied on tribal knowledge of all the work arounds to get things done.

Post Likes
    I did find the DLF files I need from novar(Honeywell) web site. I got the lingo se programmed. Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in