+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Money doesn’t buy happiness

Post Likes
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/charges-fi...ry?id=76937496

update charges filed, two months after the incident.
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

2. Likes beenthere liked this post.
    Post Likes
    "Money doesn't buy happiness"

Say what?

There's a lot of philosophical bull crap floating around here..... The hell it don't.

I started out with no money. Zip nadda. My childhood was not exactly stellar.

I went out and made my money.

Having money is a helluva lot happier life than not having money.

Trust me.

Post Likes
    money never can buy happiness for us. Happiness will never materialistic

Post Likes
    very unfortunate! Though money can buy you happiness, but it sure doesn't buy you sense!

Post Likes
    Lazy parenting 101

Post Likes
    its hard being a father, and wanting to give your kids everything, but knowing that you cannot. There are plenty of kids who are responsible, so you cannot judge them all based on the actions of the few.

Post Likes
    people are crazy. Who gives their teenage kid a car like that?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I went to high school with a NHRA legend Tony Schumacher. Tony's dad gave him a pro street Chevelle on his 16th birthday. If my memory serves me correct, a 1968 big block 396. Tony had his own pit crew as well, as a high school student. After school we'd hang out in his garage and on Friday nights we'd head up to Great Lakes Drag Strip in Wisconsin for High School Drag night. Tony was running 9 second 1/4 miles at 17 years old.

He never killed anybody.
    I would suspect a huge difference here. Back in the day I started driving at 10 and I think most guys anyway were driving at 12, lest around here. So by the time I turned 16 and got my license I had 6 years of driving under my belt. Granted not on my own but still experience. Also most don't start out with a fast car, my first was a Ramble inline 6 that never would have topped 100hp. Next was a Ford Galaxy 500 which would have easily topped 250 hp, Then my actual High School car was a Javelin with a 390 and I did some stuff to add a few ponies to it so who knows where that tipped the scale at. The point is most people don't go from "0" mph car to a 190 MPH car, they make changes by steps not a huge leap. It is sad that so many parents will spend so much money to try to make their kids happy when the one thing they really want is free, Time!

Post Likes
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but to can buy the freedom to experience happiness...

My
    Own
    Natural
    Energy
    Yield

Money just makes us more of what we are, in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in