+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: looking for a helper

Post Likes
    Are you looking for a helper?

Quote Originally Posted by broncosejr View Post
    Hi All,

New homeowner here and I'm trying to figure out if I need a low water cutoff device.

Our home inspector wrote in his report "It may be wise to have a low water cutoff device installed. This will help ensure the boiler will not operate without the proper amount of water in it. "

So I don't know if it's necessary or not. How can I determine if it's a smart move or just a waste of money?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

2. Likes Zamoramax, R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosejr View Post
    Hi All,

New homeowner here and I'm trying to figure out if I need a low water cutoff device.

Our home inspector wrote in his report "It may be wise to have a low water cutoff device installed. This will help ensure the boiler will not operate without the proper amount of water in it. "

So I don't know if it's necessary or not. How can I determine if it's a smart move or just a waste of money?
    You should have posted a new thread in the AOP section where professionals can give you advice but not DIY advice. A moderator will likely move your posts to the proper place.

To answer your question it is not a waste of money and is well worth the cost. It is a safety device that will stop your boiler from running when it is low on water which can be very costly and even dangerous.

If you don't trust your inspector you should hire an hvac company to check it out for you. You will get a much more thorough inspection.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    Thanks Jim. When was the date of that meeting in Montreal which resulted in the Protocol?

I must have known the date when I took that test - or maybe I'm just a lucky-guesser. <g> I got only one question wrong on the universal test. I wasn't thinking clearly or something because my wrong-answer was in regard to the location of the rupture disk on an R-11 chiller. <g>

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I guess you would have gotten that question wrong on your EPA certification test. In 1971 studies were just beginning on ozone depletion. Actually in 1971 there were not any published studies that linked CFC's to ozone depletion.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Thanks Jim. When was the date of that meeting in Montreal which resulted in the Protocol?

I must have known the date when I took that test - or maybe I'm just a lucky-guesser. <g> I got only one question wrong on the universal test. I wasn't thinking clearly or something because my wrong-answer was in regard to the location of the rupture disk on an R-11 chiller. <g>

PHM
    --------
    You're welcome. It seems your memory was better then than it is now.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post

PHM
    --------
    There was a convention in Vienna in 1985 that resulted in the Montreal Protocol agreement of 1987.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in