Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use a Hilmor recovery machine?

Post Likes

Does anyone use a Hilmor recovery machine?

Does anyone here use a Hilmor Brushless recovery machine?

I was interested in getting the Navac NRDD brushless recovery machine but honestly trying to get one is seeming to prove difficult. Then when i was browsing the internet i came across a hilmor brushless model.

I cant find much info on it so i would like an opinion from someone who owns one. But honestly it looks very similar to the Navac. I am starting to wonder if the hilmor is made by navac because it looks close to the same and from the specs i can find they are close to the same.

thanks in advance.

2. Likes Chev5372 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Looks like a decent unit. But honestly I thought everyone just bought the g5 twin.

4. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant mech View Post
    Looks like a decent unit. But honestly I thought everyone just bought the g5 twin.
    I was going to say the same thing, but didn't want to hijack the thread. I mean are they better than the Appion? I've had my G5 Twin for over six years and never done a thing to it, and it's still going strong. It's fast and durable, I guess there's no need for me to look further.

Post Likes
    I was given a HILMOR recover machine as a tester for the product. It is a strong machine and muscles through the recovery process for r410A without missing a bit. I wish I could say the same for fieldpiece... can barely recover R22...lol.
    I haven't tried the g5twin... I wonder if those are able to recover r410A without going out on safety?

Post Likes
    That's odd because I have both the Appian twin and Fieldpiece and prefer the latter.
    It's 1/2 hp vs Fieldpiece 1 hp.
    My first Appian single died after 5 years.
    Blew the high side gauge day one !

Post Likes
    If you haven't experienced the field piece going out then having to vent r410 so you can restart the recovery machine, I'd say you bought a lemon. Good for you. I took my old fp to the factory (I live in orange, ca) and they tested it (nothing wrong) they gave me a new one (over the counter) still does the same thing. Ive called and have had lengthy talks with fp techs. It's a problem they can't, won't or have no control (china) over...
    Last edited by Robert Tackett; 08-03-2022 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Auto correct input if, not ive

Post Likes
    It sounds to be like you're not cooling your recovery cylinder 🤔
    Can't blame the equipment because of operator error 🙄

10. Likes R600a, HVAC_Marc, BBeerme liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I've only ever used an appion G5 twin I mean do people really buy anything else? Personally I like Appion because they sell parts and or repair pretty much every tool they sell which is important to me.
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    R600a took the words right outta my mouth. I've been using a g5twin for about 7 years with not a hitch. Can't imagine anything else.

13. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Yeah on a hot day, it is impossible for me to recover 410A without ice. NEED ice. I started using ice on any system with significant charge. Photo below is 407C, sure does go quicker with ice.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I'm feelin' a little peculiar.

15. Likes R600a, HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ive been really happy with my CPS recovery machine. It's light and chugs liquid just fine. CPS sells all their own repair parts, not that I've ever needed any. It only went out on safety once and that was my fault for not cooling my recovery cylinder. I took a chance because it was a very steep roof and setting up a bucket with ice water just wasnt going to happen.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    i use ice too
    here in Florida is almost impossible to recover whitout it
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

Post Likes
    I'm thinking you didn't follow the thread. That's on you. So, allow me to give you a refresh. I've used the hilmor without needing to cool the cylinder... and I've used it a lot before my employee throttled the valve early and blew it. There you go.

Post Likes
    I'll try that. I've used a bucket of water... using water, field piece still goes out on head. I'll give it a go with ice... thanks for the tip. Looking at your photo, I'm pretty surprised that's all I've needed to do. Thanks again!

Post Likes
    Operator error vs tricks of the trade, meh, not the same thing smart guy. I've used bucket-o-water and still goes out on head (field piece that is). I'm going to use ice my next recovery. By the way, next time you want to throw insults, (rolling the eyes and such) perhaps it might do you well to read all of the thread... using the hilmor, I wouldn't even use a bucket of water and that machine, never missed a beat...

Post Likes
    Man things escalated quickly. Been using the same g5 for 12 years. Only time I can recall having an issue, using to pump virgin 410a into a system when it was 0* out and the wind blowing like a mother trucker on the roof. Yes, I had to throttle it in very slowly.

Outside that, never used ice or the such. I let someone borrow my machine for a weekend to recover 90+ units so he could scrap them. But he also filled a 50# tank with 100+ lbs soooooo I can’t really blame the machine for him slamming refrigerant into an already full tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I've never had to cool the tank for my G5 it hits the high pressure switch every time I forget to open the valve.
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Tackett View Post
    Operator error vs tricks of the trade, meh, not the same thing smart guy. I've used bucket-o-water and still goes out on head (field piece that is). I'm going to use ice my next recovery. By the way, next time you want to throw insults, (rolling the eyes and such) perhaps it might do you well to read all of the thread... using the hilmor, I wouldn't even use a bucket of water and that machine, never missed a beat...
    Using a bucket of water without mentioning the temperature is moot.
    Water at 33° is much different than water at 100°
    Smart guy 😉

Post Likes
    Using a bucket of water without mentioning the temperature is moot.
    Water at 33° is much different than water at 100°
    Smart guy
    Darn it nobody mentioned temperature so I used freshly boiled water!

Post Likes

Did you try holding back the relief valve too 😲

27. Likes R600a, HVAC_Marc liked this post.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast