+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All of you have heard about the Fluke recall?

Post Likes

All of you have heard about the Fluke recall?

Just a heads up, fluke has recalled a huge number of meters I received a notice from my employer it appears to be fluke 37x and 902 FC meters google fluke 2021 recalls. Just a heads up if you have one

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2. Likes 4jime liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by technocratic View Post
    Just a heads up, fluke has recalled a huge number of meters I received a notice from my employer it appears to be fluke 37x and 902 FC meters google fluke 2021 recalls. Just a heads up if you have one

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I love how everyone thinks Fluke is in a league of its own. They have a long history of recalls.

Post Likes
    FWIW if you have an FC clamp meter the recall pertains to the possibility of the meter exploding. Enjoy your purchase.

Post Likes
    No company is perfect and what separates a good company from a great company is when there is a problem is how they handle it.

I have been using Fluke and other meters for decades and still prefer Fluke when it fits what I need to do.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal50 View Post
    No company is perfect and what separates a good company from a great company is when there is a problem is how they handle it.

I have been using Fluke and other meters for decades and still prefer Fluke when it fits what I need to do.
    I’ll vouch for the 87v, but their clamps have never been great.

7. Likes Cal50 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I have used a few Fluke clamp on meters and I do not prefer them over "other" meters.
    My CL800 I picked up used and its been a pretty decent meter.

Fluke does make some nice equipment but not every model is the best for every user.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal50 View Post
    I have used a few Fluke clamp on meters and I do not prefer them over "other" meters.
    My CL800 I picked up used and its been a pretty decent meter.

Fluke does make some nice equipment but not every model is the best for every user.
    I just ordered an Amprobe AMP-25. It only does amps. Tiny meter. It’s going in my downsized Veto MP-2 tool pouch. Impressive specs for something that looks like a child’s toy. TRMS, low pass filter, low amp scale, inrush. It will slip into any pocket and there are no leads to make it cumbersome to work with. On PMs I check amps on every motor and may never use any other functions on my multimeter. I even check capacitors live during PMs with amps only. I use a simple RoT for that and won’t break out the test leads unless the start winding amps are lower than expected.

Post Likes
    Maybe it's just a fluke?

11. Likes R600a, BBeerme, Cal50 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    ...or "was" a Fluke.

Post Likes
    Well sorry to be a party pooper, but Fluke owns Amprobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    I just ordered an Amprobe AMP-25. It only does amps. Tiny meter. It’s going in my downsized Veto MP-2 tool pouch. Impressive specs for something that looks like a child’s toy. TRMS, low pass filter, low amp scale, inrush. It will slip into any pocket and there are no leads to make it cumbersome to work with. On PMs I check amps on every motor and may never use any other functions on my multimeter. I even check capacitors live during PMs with amps only. I use a simple RoT for that and won’t break out the test leads unless the start winding amps are lower than expected.
    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Well sorry to be a party pooper, but Fluke owns Amprobe.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Yes. Strange that they undercut their own name branded meters with cheaper ones that have more features.

Post Likes
    Well I dragged Fluke through the mud in this thread. But simultaneously I was bidding on an 87v max/E2 kit on eBay. I just won! The Fluke meters that are made in the US are some of the best in the world, the 87v max may well be the best period, but Fluke clamps, none of which are made here….seems like you’re paying 5 times the normal amount for that name. They’re structurally sound, but feature poor. I had an 87v stolen from me. Been hesitant to buy another because of the cost. I just got the max E2 kit for $375. That’s something that doesn’t happen everyday, not even on eBay.
    Last edited by hvacrmedic; 10-04-2022 at 09:22 PM.

16. Likes BALloyd liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in