+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane Horizon Integration Manual

Post Likes

Trane Horizon Integration Manual

Does anyone have the integration guide for a Trane Horizon OABD with the UC600, the document should be BAS-SVP18*-EN. I have access to comfortsite.com but cannot locate the document anywhere for download. Not listed under the model number and document search cannot find any files with BAS-SVP.

Email is in profile ........ thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    Lol. Just did a project with 2x Horizon MAUs and that guide is quite a treat.

Far as I can tell, it only comes with the unit. It mentions the specific firmware version it applies to and all the fixes X version has over prior versions. Even with it in hand, its typical Trane. It covers every point that could be in any of the units in that series, has no specific SOO for the unit on hand or any real description of the points and how they function or if they are even in use on your specific unit.

Will dig up what I have tomorrow and shoot it over. Doubt its much help. But if you can pin down a real trane service tech and wait for them to call support, wait around for hours, maybe, just maybe you will get some real answers.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Thanks for looking tomorrow, any information will help even for a different unit. These were installed about a year or so ago and been running stand-alone. The installer left the paperwork in the units, I am going by on Friday to look into this further.

I have setup the units with the downloadable bacnet tool as I have done with Intellipaks with the newer BCI (UC400) in the past. I can scan and find them over the network with two different bacnet programs. For some reason they will not spit out a points list on discovery at all.

This is my first attempt with the UC600, they do have the optional display in the units. Not sure if I need to do modify something in there. Was hoping the integration guide would help.

With Intellipaks you need to put the points you want to write in service in the bacnet tool, but you still get a list of points on a discovery. This page in the bacnet tool on these says there is nothing available, cant remember the exact statement but there are no points listed to setup.

My next step is to reach out to a local startup tech. Started here first as there are Trane Guru's in the forum.

Post Likes
    If there is something out there I could really use this as well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Will dig up what I have tomorrow and shoot it over. Doubt its much help. But if you can pin down a real trane service tech and wait for them to call support, wait around for hours, maybe, just maybe you will get some real answers.
    Thanks Orion!!!!! I owe you one, the information is what I needed. They are the same units except these are single zone vav, no erv and modulating oa/ra dampers. Basically setup as a rooftop versus 100% oa.

Post Likes
    You cant find anything on comfort site because they are only Trane branded units. Reach out to KCC manufacturing, their number is on the equipment. Their tech support can help with anything and are pretty responsive.
    Here is the integration guide for the UC600 as well as a spread sheet integration guide and a field programming points list.
    Hope this helps.

TracerUC600_PackagedOutdoorAirUnit-IntegrationGuide-BAS-SVP18D-EN.PDF

Integration Guide for UC600 v7.7.xlsx

Field Programming Points List v7.8.xlsx
    ...a relay... controlling a relay... controlling a relay... controlling a relay...

Post Likes
    Doesn't look like those points match up.

What I had was a "Horizon UC600 v11.0" A hard copy of the points list came with it.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
    You cant find anything on comfort site because they are only Trane branded units. Reach out to KCC manufacturing, their number is on the equipment. Their tech support can help with anything and are pretty responsive.
    Here is the integration guide for the UC600 as well as a spread sheet integration guide and a field programming points list.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the additional info!!!! I have 11 of these that were installed in 2019, 10 are OABD's and one is OAGB. They left the paper work in the units from install, but none had any points lists.

I was able to get a points list with CAS Explorer connected directly to the ms/tp bus (attached). The OADB & OAGB have the same points list, so looks it looks like the program is the same just depends on the configuration setup and options ordered.

I haven't had a chance to review the points list from the controller to the documents you two provided, I will be working on these Monday as they need to be integrated. The building engineer is getting tired of going to the unit display to make setpoint adjustments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Post Likes
    Did a couple of these back before I left Trane, and they were a PITA then. Programming was a huge conglomeration of crap. Like they had one program that every unit received regardless of function, stages etc. For instance mine had 1 stage DX, but had logic for 4 stages, and tons of points/variables not be utilized by my specific unit. Huge POS, just as anything having to do with Trane PPS was. I searched E-Library for that literature number and key words but also came up with nothing, other than the unit IOM that tells you to reference that literature.

Post Likes
    Yeah, they all get a stock program. And any outputs or inputs have to have the TGP2 reconfigured. A pain for sure when points are physically available on the UC but not in the programming. There's also an excel spread sheet I have where you can input the CFM and model/serial of the equipment and the available points list and set points generates and you can see what is adjustable and what is set if anyone is interested.
    ...a relay... controlling a relay... controlling a relay... controlling a relay...

Post Likes
    Yeah, they all get a stock program. And any outputs or inputs have to have the TGP2 reconfigured. A pain for sure when points are physically available on the UC but not in the programming. There's also an excel spread sheet I have where you can input the CFM and model/serial of the equipment and the available points list and set points generates and you can see what is adjustable and what is set if anyone is interested.
    If it’s applicable to bacnet we want that!

Post Likes
    You need to change the file type to XLSM after saving Points List Generator OANG Field Fix - v11.0(change xlsx to xlsm) Update.xlsx

I can't upload an XLSM file so I changed it to XLSX. You also have to enable macros in your options or security tab if not prompted when opening the file in office or libre office for it work.

13. Likes roadgear16 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    You need to change the file type to XLSM after saving Points List Generator OANG Field Fix - v11.0(change xlsx to xlsm) Update.xlsx

I can't upload an XLSM file so I changed it to XLSX. You also have to enable macros in your options or security tab if not prompted when opening the file in office or libre office for it work.
    Having trouble with the file, error; This workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features.

Enter unit data button doesn't seem to do anything now.

Virus total says it's ok though; https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...5368/detection

Post Likes
    Well, that's unfortunate. Is the email in your profile current? I can send it to you.
    I'm also going to have a link to Google drive here, at least for a couple days. - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q0T...ew?usp=sharing

Post Likes
    Problem may be on my end somehow; This workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features.

I'll see if I can find something else with a more up to date excel, this is still using 2013.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in